Where are you from? | Golden Skate

Where are you from?

G

Grgranny

Where are you from?

Yup, I'm starting this again. There are a lot of new posters here and I love knowing more about you. Where are you from and are you male or female? Do you have a family you'd like to let us know about? What kind of a job do you have or are you a student? You can click on my name for my bio.

And last but not least, welcome to the forum. So glad you're here. At least until you disagree with me. :rollin: And please spell definitely correctly. :eek: :lol:

M

mmandel

Re: Where are you from?

MMandel (Manny). Male. Live in New Mexico, USA. Work as a Registered Nurse at a local hospital (Employee Health Nurse). Wife, 2 daughters. Play bass clarinet with community band. Love Ice Skating! Fan only.

Sound like I'm applying for a dating services. :lol:

L

Lanechka

I'm Lanie, and am from Southern California. I'm a student (junior in high school) and I skate. That's all that's worth telling. :)

S

shadair

I'm Sheree and I live in Missouri. I'm a homemaker. I like to sew, read and watch figure skating. I've always been an excellent speller, Granny, except for the word "receive" or is it "recieve". I never get that one right! :p

S

Sally1214

I'm Sally from Halifax, Nova Scotia. Ive posted, on and off, at GS for the better part of a year but really don't know much about any of you. So, thanks for starting this thread.

I'm married with two sons. My husband is a financial planner and I'm a licensed mutual fund sales representative. Has anyone noticed what "<strong><em>the markets</em></strong>" have been doing for the past couple of years? <strong>Yikes</strong> ... <strong>NOT</strong> an easy business to be in right now.

I'm one of those rare people who loves both figure skating and hockey. My favorite skater at the moment is Evgeni Plushenko, but I'm a big fan of lots of others as well. (Favorite hockey team - Colorado Avalanche - thought I'd put that in since the playoffs ARE coming up soon).

I love to exercise (lots of different kinds) and have a real soft spot for animals (have two adorable kitties).

Well, there - that's probably MORE than you ever wanted to know about me!!

Next ........

M

mathman444

Hi, all. I am a mathematics professor in Detroit. Married, one son, one grandson about to celebrate his first birthday. I'm 58, so for two more years I can still say that I am "middle aged." :) I have been posting on Golden Skate for about a year and a half, during which time the main thing that I have learned is that there are other skaters in the world besides my sweetheart MK :lol:

Favorite Hockey Team -- the defending Stanley Cup champion Detroit Red Wings!!!:p

Larry.

K

Kara Bear

Hi Sally,
Its great to see another Maritimers on here!!!! I'm from Truro!!! (but I have become a displaced Maritimer...I moved to Ontario 6 months ago...but nothing will ever beat Nova Scotia!!!!!)

B

Blue Bead

Hi, all.....

I'm Mary C. from Pataskala, Ohio. That's a small city east of Columbus. It's one of those impossible to spell city names in the state. LOL. Married for 27 years to a electrical engineer specializing computer softwear design for industrial applications. As for myself I an an artist/craftswoman designing and manufacturing a variety of products including jewelry, wearable art and clothing accessories, and decorative items for the home. My interests are writing, skating (fan only), and the internet.

Mary C.

S

Show 42

Here I go again........:D ....I'm a married elementary school teacher with two grown sons. I'm from California, and have loved figure skating since the early 60's. I also like to read, play golf, and gardening......(boy that sounds boring).....42

G

Grgranny

There are so many new posters on this board I decided to dig this up again. Thanks to all the previous posters who answered. I just love knowing more about all of you.

R

RealtorGal

<span style="color:green;font-family:comic sans ms;font-size:small;">Hi all newcomers! I live in San Diego, married, one little girl. I used to be a music teacher but now I sell real estate and really love it (even through all the stress and frustrations). As for my first name, well, I have the same name as one person on this thread! :rollin:

I promised my daughter we'd go ice skating AND rollerblading this week, as she is on school break. :eek: </span>

D

dlksk8fan

Hi! I live on the central coast of California, but soon to be living in the San Diego area (close to RealtorGal).

S

sk8er1964

Hi

Hi all! I'm from Detroit, just like Mathman. I'm a competitive adult figure skater, and my day job is in local government. I have a husband, a great hockey playing kid, and lots of pets. Since my son started playing hockey, I've become a fan of the professional side of the sport - GO WINGS!!!

I don't mind if you misspell "definately" - my pet peeve is using "I could care less" - that means that you do care :D .

Mathman - are you coming to watch any of Adult Nationals in Ann Arbor? Saturday the 12th has the highest level events. The first triple landed at AN by an adult was done at the championship masters mens event last year, and he's competing again this year. Should be a good day of skating. Also, they have an exhibition scheduled for Friday night that includes adults and some of the local elite kids. To get a schedule, go to USFSA.org, Programs, Adults and there's a link to Ann Arbor's website there. I'm skating on the 12th in Gold Ladies II - no triples, though. Due to injury, no doubles either :( . But at least I'll be there!

S

sk8er1964

"definitely, not definately"

I just realized that I misspelled "definitely" in my post - sorry Granny! :rollin:

S

sk8tngcanuck

Where are you from

Hello to all!

I live just out of Edmonton, AB, Canada, and am a married mom of two. My son is 9 and loves to play hockey and his summer love is baseball. My daughter is 7 and would figure skate every single day of the week! I have actually posted a couple of times in regards to her skating, usually seeking advice ;) which most of you are kind enough to offer.

I work full time in retail, and as you can imagine, with two children involved in sports, there is not much time left for other activities for myself. I am a firm believer in supporting your children's activities, and as a result, I am the newly elected President of our skating club.

Aside from my interest in my kids activities, I love to read, cross stitch, and work out.

I have been around since many of us posted on the old about forums (about 3 years) and have learned SOOOO much from all of you knowledgeable people.

Canuck

K

Kchiquita

Re: Where are you from

Hi everyone! My name is Danielle and I'm 20 years old, hailing from Orillia Ontario. I have spent the last 7 months in Kingston Ont. studying sociology at Queens University, and I can't wait for finals to be over! I have never been a figure skater myself but have been a casual fan for years. After the Olympic's however, I really began to love the sport and now I can't get enough:D

Thanks for starting this thread Grgranny, it is quite enjoyable to be able to learn more about everyone!

P

Ptichka

I am a 26 year old software engineer. 14 years ago my family moved from Saint Peteresburg, Russia to Boston, MA.

G

Grgranny

Wow, Pitchka, that's quite a change. What can you tell us about the differences in living in both countries. Would love to hear about the things you have had to experience - both good and bad. Are you a male? How did you learn to speak english so well? By family, do you mean your parents or your spouse? Sure would be interesting visiting with you. I remember when I first was able to check out library books I chose ones about people from different countries. The only other countries I have been to are Canada and Maine. :rollin: