Dream programs | Golden Skate

Dream programs

dutchherder

Final Flight
To what song(s) do you wish someone (who?) would skate?

Evan Lysacek: music from the soundtrack to "From Hell" (I'm not even being snide-- the music is good!)

Michelle Kwan-- "Half Acre" by Hem

I know this one will never happen: Paul Wylie to the music from the soundtrack to "Band of Brothers"

Kurt Browning: "Cherry Pink and Apple Blossom White"

Just to name a few...

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
I've always wanted to see

Either Michelle Kwan or Kurt Browning skate to Hotel California... simply to see the footwork

Somebody skate to Prince:bow: and Jimi Hendrix's Wind Cries Mary - so far the closest I've come is Joanie skating to Little Wing...

mememe

On the Ice
I've always wanted to see

Somebody skate to Prince:bow: and Jimi Hendrix's Wind Cries Mary - so far the closest I've come is Joanie skating to Little Wing...

Katarina Witt did Question of U and Boitano did How Come U Don't Call Me Anymore

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
Katarina Witt did Question of U and Boitano did How Come U Don't Call Me Anymore

Scott Hamilton skated to Kiss. Scott Williams and Emanuel Sandhu have skated to Purple Rain. And for a real obscure one: Lily Lee (Korean champion, 94 Olympian) skated to either Cream or Peach-can't remember which one.

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Scott Hamilton skated to Kiss. Scott Williams and Emanuel Sandhu have skated to Purple Rain. And for a real obscure one: Lily Lee (Korean champion, 94 Olympian) skated to either Cream or Peach-can't remember which one.

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

Now, I've heard Eman sing Purple Rain, but never skate to the bestest song ever... Any idea where I might find this happiness in a download?

parstar

Spectator
A first year Canadian Senior Dance team is skating to When Doves Cry, Purple Rain and Let's Go Crazy this season.

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
A first year Canadian Senior Dance team is skating to When Doves Cry, Purple Rain and Let's Go Crazy this season.

Now, that's what I'm talking about!!! I'm so sick of classical music in skating... I mean, am I really supposed to believe that the only great music is either from 100 years ago or a movie??

antmanb

Record Breaker
Now, that's what I'm talking about!!! I'm so sick of classical music in skating... I mean, am I really supposed to believe that the only great music is either from 100 years ago or a movie??

I couldn't agree more Kwanford Wife....i mean, Michael Bolton on ice? Who the hell wants to here that god awful caterwaulling when you could have prince?!

Ant

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Somebody skate to Prince:bow:

:agree: First thing that came to mind that seemed to make sense musically was Get Off. At this point in time I would say Irina would be wonderful for that tune and its message, but the speed might be a little much right now. But the heart rates would rise. Ira to Girl by Tori Amos:biggrin:

Of course Exhibitions. Some I did put the music to the video but to see them acutely perform to it would be much different. But ITA
:clap: :agree:

Still I want You Look So Fine by Garbage and Fumie:love: :love: :love: also to Stay (Faraway, So Close!) by U2, BUT MORE THEN ANY Come by Namie Amuro - that song I envision the whole "current" Japanese team doing an exhibition to it, but if Fumie skated to that solo or not.... *faint*

This topic comes up a lot. Ideas change as knowledge becomes clearer. Also my thoughts of Kurt and the Bare Naked Ladies came to fruition - not the song I suggested but I got a whole program! Now I am thinking Faded by Ben Harpper, has great dynamics but would require editing too, just because of the length of refrain but another that Kurt would just :bow: . I could also see him skate to TVC 1 5 by David Bowie.

Still - Tanith and Ben to Love Cats or Plainsong by the Cure.

Sasha, Everything You Want by Vertical Horizon and Freedom 90 by George Michael.

Den & Sat Wicked Garden by STP, Much better then my original thought with Jenny Kirk. Jenny is now just bringing to mind the Disney Princesses. :love:

Sarah M to Toxic by Britney Spears,:p (I know I admit I am a fan of her voice:laugh: ) but I think the pauses and the "head notes" would go great with her hand movements. And that Red and Black Unitard:bow:

Something tells me Evan would be great to the Eels - Last Stop: This Town

There are some parts of Al Di Meola's Wizard that could be put together into a nice SP IMO. But it still has that spanish flavor that some seem to be getting tired of.

Edge Hill by Groove Armada could be edited into a great number IMO, envisioning Melissa and Denis.

As Much as I am not a fan of Christina Aguilera, Johnny skating to What a Girl Wants sounds like It would be to fun. Against anything that I think would make skating more popular, but I would like it:p And I do enjoy that song when not thinking of C.A.

Jeff Buttle to Cemetery Gates or There Is a Light That Never goes Out by the Smiths

Material Girl by Madonna for Katy Taylor, not cause I think she is, nothing to read into here, just think she would do an awesome job and the think with the pink Hummer it comes to mind.

Taylor Firth to Taylor by Jack Johnson. It would be very difficult IMO but she could use those hands and arms:agree: the beginning is a obvious.

I don't know if it was Kimmie's Unwritten that got me thinking Avril Lavigne, but now I would like to see Jamie and David to Complicated , maybe it is the Avril /Kimmie similarity got me thinking and the "complicated" controversy J and D went through. I also like that song.
Kimmie I would like to see put the world on its side and skate Crash Into Me by Dave Matthews with a lyrical style that is just waiting to come crashing out of her.

Shizuka Shine by INXS

Miki to Everlong by the Foo Fighters. The beat is deceiving in it's speed, it is acutely a slower song.

Shen and Zhao skating to Moon Over Bourbon Street by Sting - huge stretch there I know.

Thats enough from Sean

Last edited:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I know this one will never happen: Paul Wylie to the music from the soundtrack to "Band of Brothers"

/QUOTE]

I would love to see Paul skate to music from "Band of Brothers." I think he would pull it off very well. Actually Todd originally planned to skate to "Band of Brothers" during the 2001/2002 Olympic season, but he switched to "Lord of the Rings." I wouldn't mind if he skated to "Band of Brothers" music either. I :love: that soundtrack (and it doesn't bother me at all that he has skated to a number of soundtracks).

anya_angie

Final Flight
AHHH, Band of Brothers! How Saving Private Ryan SHOULD have sounded! RIP that genius Michael Kamen!

How swweet would it be for Ilia and Liza to skate to Father & Daughter by Paul Simon?

I think The Ten Commandments is a phenomenal score, and really I can't see anyone else doing it more justice than Plushenko... The footwork REALLY fits, set to the right parts of the music.

The score to Alan Menken's The Hunchback of Notre Dame would be a magnificent choice for Alexei Yagudin too.

Last edited:

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
Now, I've heard Eman sing Purple Rain, but never skate to the bestest song ever... Any idea where I might find this happiness in a download?

Try You Tube. IIRC, Eman skated to Purple Rain in a Canadian Open where he came in 2nd to Brian Orser. I think Orser skated to music from Somewhere in Time. So, the year is probably somwhere between 2001 and 2005. Also, Eman landed a 3T/3T/3T in this performance. Hope this helps.

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
SeaniBu said:
Sarah M to Toxic by Britney Spears,:p (I know I admit I am a fan of her voice:laugh: ) but I think the pauses and the "head notes" would go great with her hand movements. And that Red and Black Unitard:bow:
Didn't Susanna Poykio skate to this in the 2005 Euros Exhibition after she won Silver? I've tried looking for it....

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Paul Wylie (while we're dreaming I'm bringing him out of retirement lol) - I Can Only Imagine... while Mike's program was nice, I've always wanted to see Paul (or Kurt) skate to it.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Yuka to I Do by Edie Brickell 1994 - as I think about it it might be really nice with her and Jason.

Tat Nav and who ever that guy is who skates around with her is:laugh: j/k, to Street Spirit (Fade Out) by Radio head

Tat n Max still want to see 'Til The End Of The World by U2.

(while we're dreaming I'm bringing him out of retirement lol)
Yah! Dragging out of retirement???

Peggy, 1970 skates to Layla by Derrick and the Dominos:love: :love: (like that really fooled andy one Eric)

Dorothy 1990 skates to The Queen and the Soldier by Susan Vega - in that Harlequin costume:love: :love:

Last edited:
I agree in principle with using non-classical music. The only trouble is, I don't know any. I only listen to opera, classical and the odd bit of jazz or country.

So specifically I can only suggest Johnny skating to Boris Godunov - as Russian and melodramatic as it gets. The climax would be the death of Boris, of course, but to liven it up there are numbers like "So the Gnat Was Chopping Some Firewood," "That Crafty Jesuit," "The Wife of that Toothless Debauchee," "What? Let Us Vote, Boyars," and "Hurrah! Daring Boldness Has Broken Free."