Junior Pair Short Program | Golden Skate

Junior Pair Short Program

Rosaleen

Medalist
1 Karine Bouchard / Daniel Eden Pierrefonds FSC/Town of Mt Royal FSC QC
Music: Suite Espanola: Asturias / shades of dark blue with white accents
Back straddle hand to hand lift / sbs 2a she bailed / 2tw not much height (they're almost the same height) / thr 2l she held it with a nice bent knee / sbs spins pos matched very well but they were out of sync on spin almost the whole way through / spirals - his is actually better than hers / bods is quite good / pair spin starts with opposing camels then sit change to nested camels - nice spin / T 21.85 C 14.70 Tot 36.55 new pb / currently 1st /

Rosaleen

Medalist
2 Brooke Paulin / Nathan Last Nepean FSC/Nepean FSC EO
Music: Jalousie / both in black with bit of red & gold accents /
They start apart and she skates to him / they're somewhat noisy skaters / very nice 2tw / sbs 2a well done - nice timing fairly close together / thr 2s pitched forward on landing may have been a hand down / back staddle hand to hand lift to one hand with one hand set down / sbs flycam sit edge upright ch sit upright - spin was fast and in nice sync until after change of foot when they were out a bit / spirals / bods she fell out of it / pair spin starts with opposing bent leg arabesque is the best way to describe it - made a very nice shape / T 21.28 C 15.64 Ded 1.00 Tot 35.92 / currently 2nd /

Rosaleen

Medalist
3 Carolyn MacCuish / Andrew Evans Mariposa WC/Mariposa WC CO
Music: Bolero / black with yellow sash for him her bodice is yellow
2tw is very nice / sbs 2f - he seemed a bit wild / thr 2s looked great in air but she struggled to hold the landing / back straddle hand to hand lift to one hand / spiral are nice - nested coe to start with great speed / sbs spins seemed to be in perfect sync with good pos but far apart / bods with change of hand and about 3 revs / pair spin starts with opposing camels ch to back opposing camels with natalia pos / T 27.21 C 16.56 Tot 43.77 / currently 1st /

Rosaleen

Medalist
4 Emilie Demers Boutin / Pierre-Philippe Joncas CPA De Bedford/CPA Les Lames D argent QC
Music: Besame Mucho / her in red him in black /
Sbs 2a he singled she stepped out / thr 3s fell / very nice 2 twist - very little set up / back straddle h to h lift to one hand to star / there was a fall be her at the end of the rink after the lift but didn't see what caused it / spirals get very slow / sbs flycam start the spin - excellent sync & pos matches until at the very end they got out / bods with change of hand / pair spin to end the program / T 26.19 C 16.56 Ded 2.00 Tot 40.75 / currently 2nd /

Rosaleen

Medalist
5 Marie-Eve Lavigne / Leo-Paul Dufour St Jerome Inc CPA/St Jerome Inc CPA QC
Music: not in bio / black with black & white /
Back h to h straddle lift / they're quite noisy too / thr 3s / 2tw is quite low - facing away from me didn't see catch / sbs 3s !!! close together & perfect sync / sbs spins had gorgeous positions & interpreted the music - got out of sync at times / bods / pair spin is excellent some unique moves in it - the way they change positions/feet / aside from the fact that they are a bit noisy - there's a lovely quality to them - great musical interpretation. / T 24.30 C 15.36 tot 39.66 / currently 3rd /

Rosaleen

Medalist
6 Paige Lawrence / Rudi Swiegers Wawota FSC/Wawota FSC SK
Music: The Entertainer / black & white /
Back straddle h to h lift to one hand - nicely done / sbs 2a him hand down she single / pair spin is quite nice - good pos & speed / thr 3s think rot but pitched forward hand down & turnout / spirals nested coe to start a nice seq / bods is good but 'only' 2 revs / 2tw / sbs spins were quite good until the last pos when Rudi almost lost it /
T 20.19 C 14.?? Tot 34.76 / currently 6th /

Rosaleen

Medalist
7 Amanda Velenosi / Mark Fernandez Laval CPA/Rosemont CPA QC
Music: Malaguena both in black - hers is lacey over red /
Spirals to start - unusual pos leaning back / sbs 2a she fell he turned out / 2tw with arms overhead - nice / thr 2s / back h to h lift to one hand / sbs flycam start the spins very fast with matching pos gut got out of sync on the sit back in sync after change of foot / pair spin is quite slow / somehow I missed the bods / T 26;.80 C 15.27 ded 1.00 tot 41.07 / currently 2nd /

Rosaleen

Medalist
8 Valène Maheu / Simon-Pierre Coté St Isidore (QC) CPA/Levis CPA QC
Music: Water World shades of being with dark brown pants on him /
Good speed into 2 tw low but clean catch with hand overhead / sbs 2a / sbs flycam sit upright ch sit upright - nice matching pos - pretty much in sync the whole time / back straddle h to h lift to one hand - good speed / thr 3s fell / spirals - matching nested pos - with coe to start / bods with change of hand and multiple revs / pair spin starts with opposing camels to crouch change to nesting camels then crouch then Y split - nice spin - kept the speed up / T 24.05 C 16.01 ded 1.00 tot 39.06 / currently 5th

Rosaleen

Medalist
9 Maria Simoni / Stuart Chutter Vancouver SC/North Shore WC BC
Music: My sister / her in black with white skirt with blue poka dots, him in black
2tw is very low but clean / sbs 2f? he singled / back straddle h to h lift to one hand - got very slow - covered a fair bit of ice / sbs spins in and out of sync / spirals / thr 3s fell - not sure if rot / bods - needs to be a lot lower / pair spin is very slow / T 18.07 C 12.74 ded 1.00 tot 29.81 / currently 9th /

Rosaleen

Medalist
10 Kateryne Pigeon / Chad Tsagris Varennes CPA/Whitby FSC QC
Music: Havana Nights / rose shirt black pants & her dress is mostly black with matching design /
Energentic chor into pair spin - travelled a bit, otherwise very nice / nice move into 2tw / thr 2s / sbs spin - flycam sit upright ch sit upright - matching pos - pretty miuch in sync / sbs 2? F or Z I think / back h to h lift to one hand / bods / spirals into closing pose / T 24.55 C 14.96 tot 39.51 new pb / currently 5th /

Rosaleen

Medalist
11 Christi Anne Steele / Adam Johnson Chatham (ON) FSC/Chatham (ON) FSC WO
Music: A Beautiful Mind Soundtrack / her in white him in black /
2tw good speed into it - not really high but catch overhead / sbs 2z / back cam sit upright chg forward sit upright - pretty much in sync all the way / h to h lift - didn't see take off - she had good air pos - he seemed a bit unsteady / thr 3s fell / spirals rinto bods / pairs spin is quite good - nice pos / T 24.43 C 16.16 Ded 1.00 Tot 39.58 new pb / currently 5th /

Rosaleen

Medalist
12 Theresa Mailling / Eric Charette Woodbine WC/Chelmsford FSC NO
Music: Handel's Sarabande / her in mauve him in purple top grey pants
Some gentle chor to start until music picks up / 2tw - bit low but clean / thr 3s fell / back h to h lift forward setdown / I just missed the sbs jumps / spirals - forward coe with change to catchfoot - nice / sbs flycam sit ½ sit upright - change - excellent - close together, good speed & sync / bods - ?? many revs / pair spin is very good / - they skated to the music / T 25.38 C 15.27 ded 1.0 tot 39.65 new pb / currently 5th /

Rosaleen

Medalist
13 Sarah McCoy / Aaron Van Cleave Royal Glenora Club/Royal Glenora Club AB
Music: Forever Young / Buffy the Vampire Slayer both in black - his top is shiny as is part of hers /
Nice 2tw - good height arms overhead catch / thr 3s / sbs walley into 2a she fell - fully rot I think / sbs spins close together pretty much in sync I think / spiral are good / back straddle h to h lift ot one hand - one hand set down - very good speed & flow on the lift / bods - excellent pos / pair spin is nicely done - some very good pos / T 26.18 C 16.71 ded 1.00 tot 41.89 new pb / currently 2nd /

Rosaleen

Medalist
14 Olivia Jones / Donald Jackson St Leonard (QC) CPA/Sarnia FSC QC
Music: Bolero / her in shades of light blue, him in dark light sleeves /
Nice hydro blade move into bods / spirals are timed to changes in music perfectly and as I look down at the choreographer - yep, David Wilson / I think I missed the twist / sbs 2a she sstumbled out / back h to h lift to one hand with forward set down / thr 2s / sbs spins in sync with good pos / pair spin is very good / T 25.40 C 14.77 tot 40.17 new pb / currently 5th /

Rosaleen

Medalist
15 Chelsea Corner / William Eaton Burlington SC/Preston FSC WO
Music: Hotel California balck with red /
Back h to h lift - no change of pos / spirals start with leg forward / 2tw low but clean / sbs spins were out of sync pretty much to whole time / sbs 2z fell / thr 2s / bods / pair spin / T 15.87 C 11.70 ded 1.00 tot 26.57 / currently 15th /

Rosaleen

Medalist
16 Monica Pisotta / Michael Stewart Mariposa WC/Mariposa WC CO
Music: shades of purple /mauve
2tw is ok / spirals - get very slow - pos are ok though / sbs 2a clean / thr 3s / bods 3 revs or so but she needs to be lower / sbs spins pos matched well good sync / back h to h lift to one hand upside down platter to star - nice lift / I missed part of the their program because a skater came over to sit with me for a minute and see their results - sorry about that / T 26.37 C 17.13 tot 43.50 new pb / currently 2nd /

Rosaleen

Medalist
17 Audrey Ann Leclerc / Patrice Babin St Hubert CPA/Anjou Kinsmen CPA QC
Music: Spanish her in black him in red shirt with black pants /
Bods right off the top / 2tw has ok height / thr 3s step out / back h to h straddle lift - didn't look really confident to me / sbs 2z / spirals are nice - with music / sbs flycam - spins had good pos but in and out of sync with the changes / pair spin good speed & pos nice touch with one of the changes / T 21.71 C 14.62 tot 36.33 new pb / currently 13th /