Jeff Buttle - Once Again.... | Golden Skate

Jeff Buttle - Once Again....

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Once again Jeff drew me in with his amazing talent. Despite his fall on the Axle, I enjoyed his program the best. Watching Jeff skate is akin to watching Njinsky or Baryshnikov dance on the stage. This was his debut for this program and it will only get better each time. I can hardly wait for his long program. Simply amazing.

silver.blades

Medalist
Country
Canada
:bow: His short IS absolutly amazing.
Can't wait to see the long. I was kinda hoping he'd bring back the Glen Gould free but I'm sure his new one will be just as good or better.

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
:bow: His short IS absolutly amazing.
Can't wait to see the long. I was kinda hoping he'd bring back the Glen Gould free but I'm sure his new one will be just as good or better.

HE is absolutely amazing. He doesn't even need the jumps and still he would be the best skater in the world. The best artistry I have ever seen in a long time.

Jasper

Final Flight
He's incredible. Performs the choreography so beautifully! I had to watch his SP more than once last night. I can't wait to see him perform a new LP. What will it be?

TRAxel

On the Ice
Country
Canada
Jeff is simply amazing.
So much more then a short/technical program.
It is jam packed with everything and more.

satorare

Match Penalty
His LP is very good.
But I doubt that intense choreography is compatible with difficult jumps.
It's more important to land 3As to gain higher PCS, I guess.

temperboy28

Match Penalty
I lurve Jeff's skating!! haha. He is incredable. His new long program is a masterpiece, it is his best work yet and that is saying alot since he has had so many incredable programs. If he skates clean at Worlds, even with no quad, and doesnt end up on the podium I would be furious.

Tigger

Final Flight
Been thinking of you tonight TRAxel and I'll pop over to the BB's tomorrow. I'm just about to literally hit my bed. What a night for both Jeff *and* Chris, huh? :D

Congratulations to Jeff!! What a program that thing is. Wow oh wow!!

And that's after not being able to do serious work on the ice until late November/early December too. Imagine how much better it'll get w/some more miles on it!! :biggrin:

One thing about the injury that, IMO, is a good thing is that Jeff missed the GP Series. He didn't have to do the grind that comes w/two GP events and also a possible appearance at the GP Final if it came. The only shows he did was Holiday Festival On Ice and the Celebration On Ice mini tour before Christmas. He's still relatively fresh and rested unlike the rest of the men out there that have been competiting since October. That is another factor that's going to come into play as we get closer to Worlds in Tokyo.

Sigh...My hometown boy did good tonight!! :biggrin:

Last edited:

singerskates

On the Ice
TSN, CTV and Skate Canada want us to choose the best performance? Do we have to choose between Jeff's short and long?

OK, the only reason I'm going to choose the long is that there is more program of which to see Jeff skate. There's more greatness to watch than in the short program.

singerskates

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Jeff's long program blew me away. I was on my feet - in my living room - along with the audience as he was doing his final spin. I had the same reaction when he skated his 2005 program - Naqoyqatsi. This program is just amazing. The way he moves to the music and weaves the different tempos together. He is a true genius on the blade. Also David Wilson deserves praise for creating this masterpiece.

I knew Jeff was special after seeing him skate at the 2005 Canadians, but this just proves it even more. Now my two favorite male skaters of all time will be:

Kurt Browning and Jeff Buttle.

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

icesk8erdude4e

Rinkside
Jeff Buttle is amazing, if he could get his jumps completely consistent I think that that and his simply amazing programme component scores could draw him to a world championship win.

Too bad that he didn't shine at worlds last season where it was in his home country, if he would've done so then that would've been awesome.

silver.blades

Medalist
Country
Canada
The most amazing thing about Jeff's LP is that it's one of the best programs I've ever seen and it still needs some tweeking. I can't wait until worlds to see just how much better it can get.
If he skates clean at worlds, he's right up there with Joubert.:clap:

Last edited:

Fruit Loops

On the Ice
I thought CTV's commentator Tracey Wilson aptly summed up my reaction to the program during his final spin: Oh my gosh! :bow:

Last season Jeff showed a glimspe into the heights he was capable of with his abandoned Glen Gould program but this Armenian program brings together his artistry and his technical abilities. My mouth was gaping the entire time and I was in tears by the end even though I could only watch it on a tiny, grainy TV screen. I seriously think this program has the potential to go down with the all-time greats. It's time to stop comparing Jeff to Kurt, Brian or any of the past Canadian greats. If he hasn't already, he's definately marked a place for himself in Canadian skating history. With the new scoring system Jeff is able to do the required moves to rack up the points while adding to the artistic aspects and staying true to the music.

It's really too bad that skating is going through a lull in popularity right now because he's such a star. It would be great to see his name become a household name like Kurt and Elvis were...and still are.