Original Dance | Golden Skate

Original Dance

lutzskate

On the Ice
Wow! Weaver and Poje! I was so impressed with this new team! They've got that 'X' factor! Lefevbre and Markov and Senft and Gislason need to skate their best to stay ahead of this team and stay on the podium and the world team.

Tigger

Final Flight
Yes indeed. Wow!!

Considering we gave the US Tanith and Weaver comes from Texas....I think that's a fair trade. ;)

rain

Record Breaker
Yes, I liked W/P as well. I think that was the best I've seen D/L skate that tango. They have obviously been working on the twizzles, as they were much more confident, in synch, and fast then they were at the beginning of the season.

But in the twizzle department, V/M are the tops. Fabulous. Both of the top teams here were spectacular.

scs

Rinkside
I found the OD's to be superb! The thought of Weaver vs Belbin came to mind...I think it was a fair trade! I did't realize how young Weaver and Poje were and can't wait to watch them in the future! As much as I like Lefebvre and Markov (and adored them when they first started skating together), I have to agree with the announcers that they did seem to have more spark earlier in their careers and were perhaps hurt by the inability to compete earlier on (due to citizenship issues). I do think that they have improved over last year, but suspect that the younger teams will pass them in the next year or so.

Tigger

Final Flight
I was also impressed by L and M this afternoon. For the first time in a couple of years, you could see actual improvement there in all of their skating. Sadly, I also agree this could be the last year they've got a shot at the World Team.

While I'm happy to hear the ISU has changed the citizenship requirements to one year to wait, it is a shame that couldn't have happened for Chantal and Arseni.