Putnam/Wirtz | Golden Skate

Putnam/Wirtz

Julie79

Rinkside
I felt awful for this team after their SP. They have put together a great season on the Grand Prix despite losing an uncle and a father. I hope that they continue to skate past this year.

On a slightly different topic, is Liz dating their coach, Peter Tchernyshev? That would probably be somewhat awkward for Sean given that he used to date Liz.

Regardless, I hope that they continue because I think they're a wonderful pair.

Julie79

Rinkside
Why would you say that? I think they're wonderful, but I'm more than open to hearing your opinion.

Tigger

Final Flight
And also calling posters losers for not agreeing w/his/her opinion.

ITA w/you. I hope they keep at it as they really are wonderful to watch and very classy people too. The entrance to the backstage was right beside my section at 2005 Nationals and Liz and Sean would come out into the hall and practice their lifts. They told us they would be more than happy to do the picture and autograph thing after they were done competiting and they were good to their word.

They'd be missed if they stopped skating and I think they'd also regret it if they looked back on their final Cdns and only remembered that SP. So I hope they stay in both because they want to and to really show us what they've got!! :)

iloveaxel

Match Penalty
Why would you say that? I think they're wonderful, but I'm more than open to hearing your opinion.

There are at least three to four Canadian pairs that are more refined than them. All of their elements are done in a very sloppy way, throws, jumps, twist, sbs spins, nothing is clean even they nail each one.

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
I'm another fan of P&W. Nationals was disappointing but I, too, hope that they keep their chins up and continue skating.

lutzskate

On the Ice
I'm another fan of P&W. Nationals was disappointing but I, too, hope that they keep their chins up and continue skating.

The good news is that they'll be on the National Team, having placed 6th overall and given the retirement of Wakamatsu & Fecteau.

temperboy28

Match Penalty
iloveaxel has a point. This team has been near the top in Canada for 5 years now and still havent made a World team. There must be a reason for that, it isnt some silly fluke or something. Time is passing on, it is going to be too late for them to make a Worlds if they dont refine their technique on alot of their elements soon. As well start doing a clean short and long in competition, they arent good enough to get away with mistakes like some others.

PAskate

On the Ice
On a slightly different topic, is Liz dating their coach, Peter Tchernyshev? That would probably be somewhat awkward for Sean given that he used to date Liz.

They used to be a couple after Sean and Liz broke up, but Peter and Liz have also split off-ice.