Jeff Buttle's Programs this season are incredible!!! | Golden Skate

Jeff Buttle's Programs this season are incredible!!!

Jasper

Final Flight
I just watched his programs from Canadian Nationals (I believe you can see them on tsn.ca or maybe they're on youtube) and I think they may be his best ever, especially his LP to Arabian music. The choreography is stunning. Each moment of the program is filled with movement and artistry that matches the music perfectly. He also did one of the best 3A's I've ever seen him do in combination. And although he popped the other axel and didn't do a 3-3, his jumps otherwise were clean. If he can improve his jumps for Worlds - and I do think the lay-off was a great break for him to rest his mind and body - then these programs will put him back on the podium. The only critical thing I have to say is that his spins are the same as they have been for years, and while most top skaters stick with the same trademark spins that score high and are comfortable for them (inc. Lambiel), I'd love to see him stretch the boundaries and come up with new positions, since he's so good and clearly can handle it.

And remember, Jeff has a good history competing in Asia, especially Japan. :D

Jasper

Final Flight
I keep watching his program again and again. I think the music builds nicely over the four and a half minutes and his final straight line footwork is so exciting and dramatic! Pure passion.

And I should say that even though he's doing the same spins as in the fast, they were extremely fast tonight, which means he must have been training them hard. Good for him!

amateur

Final Flight
The music is Armenian, not Arabian...

But yeah, good job. Jeff always impresses, always stretching himself.
Very creative while still rooted in solid skating, not fluffy or showy stuff.

I haven't seen his SP yet!

And I haven't seen his LP. Maybe you could post it (here or in the Canadian Nationals Vids thread)? The SP is there. It's brilliant - if he can just hit that triple axel. The footwork is fabulous. Wonderful jazz music - what is it? What a wonderful return.

(That TV connection doesn't work for me either.)

silver.blades

Medalist
Country
Canada
And I haven't seen his LP. Maybe you could post it (here or in the Canadian Nationals Vids thread)? The SP is there. It's brilliant - if he can just hit that triple axel. The footwork is fabulous. Wonderful jazz music - what is it? What a wonderful return.

(That TV connection doesn't work for me either.)

The SP and LP are in the Candian National Vids thread now

nymkfan51

Medalist
As much as I love his programs, I will be disappointed if he gets on the podium at Worlds with this jump content. No quad, one 3A and no 3/3's. That's really a step down in tech content for men's skating. Hopefully he can improve on this by the time Worlds come around.

amateur

Final Flight
I don't think anyone's predicting a world podium for Jeff with this content... and I'm sure Jeff himself would be the first to agree.
This was the guy's first competition with 2 new programs... of course he'll be aiming for more.

cygnus

Rinkside
As much as I love his programs, I will be disappointed if he gets on the podium at Worlds with this jump content. No quad, one 3A and no 3/3's. That's really a step down in tech content for men's skating. Hopefully he can improve on this by the time Worlds come around.

Jeff has consistent 3/3s- he did one on the SP. This was his first competition on 10 months, after not even being on the ice for 3 of them- I'm sure he will be doing 2 3As by worlds.

The quad is an issue, but few of the current crop have a consistent one either (apart from Joubert, and Li, and a couple of others).

Mafke

Medalist
No quad, one 3A and no 3/3's. That's really a step down in tech content for men's skating.

It's a step down from _jumping_ tech content in mens' skating which is not synonymous with "tech content for men's skating".

Jumps are about three-quarters of the tech score.

For instance, Jeff's base score for his intended jumps was 55.38 compared to base score for his non-jump elements of 16.2.

So under the CoP it is not too much of an exaggeration to say that the tech score is all about the jumps.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
really? i will watch and tell you what i think. He has had a lot of off time to create good programs and glad that he got well in time for nationals and thus worlds.

Jasper

Final Flight
The music is Armenian, not Arabian...

But yeah, good job. Jeff always impresses, always stretching himself.
Very creative while still rooted in solid skating, not fluffy or showy stuff.

I haven't seen his SP yet!

lol, I realized that after I wrote it but forgot to edit. Big difference between Armenian and Arabian, sorry everyone!

P

poohfighter

The long program is a masterpiece. I had the privrlage of seeing it over the summer while he was training it and it was great even in its starting stages.

Zuranthium

Match Penalty
It was a very good program...not worthy of his record-setting Program Component Scores, though.

~Z

jennylovskt

Medalist
Great performance from Jeffrey Buttle! I am very happy that he's won his third consecutive title. I don't like his LP costume though.

waxel

Final Flight
I have always appreciated Jeff's skating, and I like this program. However, I do not enjoy Middle-Eastern music-- just a personal taste issue.

rain

Record Breaker
Absolutely. His LP is by far the best-choreographed this season, and he looked better at Canadians than he did all of last season IMO. For a first time out with his programs it was simply amazing.