Who else has fallen in love with this movie! | Golden Skate

Who else has fallen in love with this movie!

S

SkatingFantasy

Who else has fallen in love with this movie!

About A Boy

I neve thought Hugh Grant was particularly funny until I saw him in About A Boy. I was laughing through the whole movie. It's one of those feel good movies that leaves you feeling so good at the end of it. I thought it was funny when he goes something to the effect:
" I was the star of the Will show, guests came and went but I was the regular" he's so self centered but when it comes right down to it, he really was able to help Marcus express himself and stop being such a nerd. And speaking of Marcus, the dead duck day!That was so funny when he's trying to feed the ducks with his mom's homemade bread but it's too hard to peel so he throws the whole thing in the lake and kills a duck with it. POOR DUCK!! But Will gets him out of that one too when he explains to the cop that the duck was "already dead" and Marcus was trying to "sink "the duck so the baby wouldn't get upset!
And that Elly! "Are you taking a piss?!" "Cause if you are, you're going to get a slap!" I could go on and on about this movie but I was just wondering who else saw it and enjoyed it as much as I did.

H

heyang

Re: Who else has fallen in love with this movie!

IMHO, I don't get Hugh Grant. I've never particularly enjoyed any of his movies. I'll admit that the red-eye from Vegas back to NJ was probably not the best time to see About a Boy, but it still didn't capture my attention when I couldn't sleep and everyone else around me was dozing.

Sorry - just my humble opinion.

J

Joesitz

Re: Who else has fallen in love with this movie!

The one thing Hugh has is the ability to laugh at himself which to me is the most endearing trait in a human being.

How many Hollywood actors do you know who could laugh at themselves?

Joe