Photo Hunt | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Photo Hunt

N

NansXOXOX

Re: Photo Hunt

I am curious about why Doris "likes" photos of blue bottomed baboons. :)

Nan

N

NansXOXOX

Doris, I'm not sure I follow the logic, but I agree with the "nice butt" where Baboo is concerned.

(blind) mice with white canes:

www.childrensbooksonline..../26tbm.htm

keeping with the rodent/skating theme, may I have a mouse skating?

Nan

S

shadair

It's kind of gross but here you go. :lol:

A vulture and roadkill

<a href="http://www.gazelle.8m.net/images/vulture.jpg" target="top">www.gazelle.8m.net/images/vulture.jpg</a>

How about a foot with six toes? :D

sk8guy2k2,
You said something earlier about adding up points. Whenever you decide to do that, I think Doris should get bonus points for delving deep enough to explain the question we've all wanted to know the answer to. . . . .
Nancy's "why me, why now." :lol:

D

DORISPULASKI

www.darcyleck.com/images/Ballon--Storm-2002.jpg
Hot air balloon in thunderstorm

Of course, I am glad to accept extra points!! Thank you, thank you.

Let's see...

To continue the multiple toes, how about a calico double pawed cat?

By the way, the 6 toed thing runs in families. Some people my dad went to school with all had 6 toes, 6 fingers. Their mother had to knit all their gloves, obviously, but the fingers weren't stunted or anything and if you didn't look closely, you would just think they had big hands, he said.

dpp

S

sk8guy2k2

Re: Current Scores

Under the 1 point per photo...

mmandel-7
sk8guy2k2-6
shadair-16
nan-15
Doris-15+3(extra)
Moonlite-2.5
sk8m8-1

hopefully these are accurate...some photos did not qualify...
Doris, the Bush monkey photo was your own hunt so no points there, but I added 3 extra points.
Moonlite, some photos were not to be hunted...I took off half a point since the black roses didn't have petals falling...

M

mmandel

Geese Flying in "V" formation.

www.vaxxine.com/steveb/flyingv.htm

<span style="color:blue;">The Flying "V"

This Fall, when you see geese heading south for the winter flying along in V formation, you might consider what science has discovered as to why they fly that way.

As each bird flaps it's wings, it creates an uplift for the bird immediately following. By flying in V formation, the whole flock has at least 71% greater flying range than if each bird flew on it's own.

People who share a common direction and sense of common purpose can get where they are going more quickly and easily because they are traveling on the thrust of one another.

When a goose flies out of formation, it suddenly feels that drag and resistance of trying to go it alone and quickly gets back into formation to take advantage of the lifting power of the bird in front.

It is harder to do something alone than together.

When the lead goose gets tired, it rotates back into the formation, and another goose flies point at the head.

It is sensible to take turns doing demanding jobs. Shared leadership and interdependence give us each a chance to lead as well as opportunities to rest.

The geese in formation honk from behind to encourage those up front to keep up their speed.

What do we say when we honk from behind? We need to make sure our honking is encouraging and not discouraging.

Finally, and this is important, when a goose gets sick or wounded and falls out of formation, two other geese will fall out with that goose and follow it down to lend help and protection. They stay with the fallen goose until it is able to fly or it dies, and only then do they launch out on their own, or with another formation to catch up with their flock.

If we have the sense of a goose, we will stand by our colleagues and each other in difficult times as well as in good.

By Angeles Arrien</span>

Irish leprechaun with pot of gold.