Protocols | Golden Skate

Protocols

ebk2795

Spectator
Does anyone know where the protocols for Nationals can be found? I see references in posts on message boards to the fact that a certain skater was given a certain level for an element or a certain GOE for an element. The official site only gives the scores, but there is no link to the protocols. Thanks.

flying camel

Medalist
Do you need to be a skater or a coach to understand this stuff. I feel like I am reading a foreign language. I gave up.

Ausrick

Rinkside
Do you need to be a skater or a coach to understand this stuff. I feel like I am reading a foreign language. I gave up.

Actually I finally got a (bit of a) handle on it all :)

Of course I had to google for explanations of the whole thing CoP thing first, then I watched some YouTube vids (JW & EL) and compared that with the protocols. It's starting to make sense.

Ausrick

Rinkside
As a bit of an exercise, I attempted to figure out what JWe would have scored (in the elements at least) if he had pulled of a 4T+3T, didn't pop his 3A and didn't fall on his 3Lo and I came with something around the 90 mark as well !

I'd be interested to know if anyone else has done something similar ? If I'm even fairly close, I can't see why he couldn't have a chance to medal at Worlds, despite everyone seeming to write him off already.

enlight78

Medalist
When I first heard the score for Evan's long, I thought their was major inflation goning on. After I looked at the protocols I must say I pretty much agree. There was some fishy +2's and +3's, overall the score wasn't more than three to five points above normal. If he has an identical performance (better short I hope) at worlds he can definitely win gold.

ae9177

On the Ice
When I first heard the score for Evan's long, I thought their was major inflation goning on. After I looked at the protocols I must say I pretty much agree. There was some fishy +2's and +3's, overall the score wasn't more than three to five points above normal. If he has an identical performance (better short I hope) at worlds he can definitely win gold.

That's also where i'm getting at. The score is inflated a bit but not by much. Overall with that brilliant performance, he deserves that score more than Plushenko's outragously inflated score at winter Oly. If he could pull off another clean and electrified performance like this at worlds, he'll at least get a medal and have pretty good shot at the gold.