German Worlds Team | Golden Skate

German Worlds Team

Anke G

Rinkside
Germany is finally sending some skaters to Worlds who won't necessarily win. I think the new powers that be at the federation understand that experience is a good thing. :)

Men: Stefan Lindemann
Ladies: Kristin Wieczorek
Pairs: Aliona Savchenko / Robin Szolkowy ; Mari-Doris Vartmann / Florian Just
Dance: Nelli Zhiganshina / Alexander Gazsi

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Oh, I'm sad the Beiers aren't ready to return.

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
They were fabulous in the LP, and could beat the Chinese IMO. :rock:

antmanb

Record Breaker
Interested to see how Savchenko and Szolkowy will factor in after their oh-so inflated scores at Europeans??????

Inflated?? :scratch:

I don't have any idea why anyone would think their scores were inflated. Their Lp was amazing and the only problem with the SP was the throw triple flip.

Ant

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't think S/S's scores were inflated at all. Their FS performance was one of the best Pairs performances I've seen. Shen Zhao are amazing, too, but they aren't quite keeping up with their music and their sbs spins are not as good as S/S's.

No doubt in my mind: the Chinese will not sweep the podium this year. Two spots, yes, but not three. One is reserved (deservedly) for S/S.

shah

Rinkside
I don't think S/S's scores were inflated at all. Their FS performance was one of the best Pairs performances I've seen. Shen Zhao are amazing, too, but they aren't quite keeping up with their music and their sbs spins are not as good as S/S's.

No doubt in my mind: the Chinese will not sweep the podium this year. Two spots, yes, but not three. One is reserved (deservedly) for S/S.

I absolutely agree!!! The scores were well-deserved and I enjoyed every second of their fp to Morricone's Mission (even though the score to this movie is a bit overused :)). I'm sure that they'll beat at least one Chinese pair!