New Surivior Show | Page 9 | Golden Skate

New Surivior Show

heyang

Record Breaker
On a radio interview at the beginning of the season, Jeff Probst said that Rocky and Yao would be the ones to watch. Yao does have a shot at winning. He's got the idol. He's won challenges. People will vote for him because they did underestimate him. Also, he seems like a nice guy.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
About blindsiding Edgardo, when Edgardo came on Good Morning America the next day he said that he knew they were all voting for him because he could see that everyone was writing down a long name (not "Alex," LOL.) He begged Alex to slip him the immunity idol, but Alex wouldn't do it.

This was especially ironic after Alex had complained so loudly to Edgardo that Mookie wouldn't share the idol.
Well, that's a good save face concept. :laugh: :laugh: I don't believe a word of it.

Did anyone see the previews last night for the upcoming show?? It looks like hand to hand combat. One of the women is choking one of the guys. Also Mookie and Alex are doing a victory dance. Previews are deceiving though. If it is hand to hand combat, poor little Yau Man. They'll snap him like a twig. :laugh: :laugh:

They also said there are only 4 more shows left. Hopefully, the finale won't fall on Mother's Day as in the past. Mother's Day is May 13th.

Dee

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Previews are deceiving though. If it is hand to hand combat, poor little Yau Man. They'll snap him like a twig. :laugh: :laugh:

Dee

NEVER underestimate those little spindly guys when it comes to things like that. They can do a lot of damage through angling and positioning....:laugh: And Yao Man is full of surprises -- wouldn't be surprised at all if it turns out he has a black belt or something and leaves Earl and Alex unconscious in his wake or something.... :laugh: :laugh:

And if strangulation is part of the challenge, I DO wish they would have come up with this one when Lisi was still in the game, tho I think the line to do it would have slowed the challenge down considerably..... :laugh:

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Well, that's a good save face concept. :laugh: :laugh: I don't believe a word of it.
:agree:

If it is hand to hand combat, poor little Yau Man. They'll snap him like a twig. :laugh: :laugh:
He kicked Stacy's butt in a "battle" challenge, his chances are good if he is matched up against her.

And if strangulation is part of the challenge, I DO wish they would have come up with this one when Lisi was still in the game, tho I think the line to do it would have slowed the challenge down considerably..... :laugh:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :agree:

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And Yao Man is full of surprises -- wouldn't be surprised at all if it turns out he has a black belt or something and leaves Earl and Alex unconscious in his wake or something.... :laugh: :laugh:

JonnyCoop :laugh: :clap: :laugh:

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

As Toni said a couple of weeks ago in the AI thread:

Thank you, thank you, I'm here all week.... :laugh:

Jhar55

Medalist
Rocky and Yao the ones to watch well Yao is the only one left in the game between the 2. I hope Mookie goes only because he rummaged through Yao-Mans bag.
I saw the pre-views and someone must get hurt because Jeff calls for the medics.

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
I saw the pre-views and someone must get hurt because Jeff calls for the medics.

It looked to me like it was Boo who got injured, which given the fact the entire first week he kept running into trees and falling out of hammocks and cutting himself, is not altogether surprising. And the dude's a construction worker -- I'm surprised he's still alive with his seeming penchant for accidents.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Here is an interview with Edgardo and Reality News on line which I thought was interesting.

For a while it seemed like you and Alex were in control of the game. What happened?

Edgardo: The turning point was when Lisi told us where the idol is. I decided that it’s of good use only if you use it for two or three people. It’s really complicated [how you use it] this year. My whole strategy and game went to hell when Mookie told Dreamz about the idol, which I told him not to do. I don’t know why he told him – maybe he’s a little gossip queen. Dreamz has a big mouth, I knew he was going to use that info against us. That’s when Alex and I lost complete control of the game.

RNO: So why did you guys let Mookie know about the idol?

Edgardo: I was the one who told Mookie about the idol. The reason was I was looking for it before and couldn’t find it. Lisi gave us some really bad clues – I don’t know what she did on Exile Island but she didn’t read the clues. I told Alex we need to tell somebody, and the person I decided to tell was Mookie. It was lucky for us because he was digging in the right place [and I wasn’t].

RNO: In your final words, you said you hoped Cassandra would be voted off next because you didn’t like her very much. We didn’t really see anything about that on the show – why didn’t you like her?

Edgardo: The reason I didn’t like Cassandra – first of all, we haven’t seen her the whole show yet, but it is because she was using Dreamz and Stacy, playing on their weak parts and acting like Dreamz’ mom and a person that cares about Stacy. She basically wasn’t doing anything. People weren’t figuring out that she was playing the game; people were thinking that she was being stupid when she was really playing everybody. She was the link. I knew Dreamz was going to backstab us, if we voted off Cassandra, Dreamz and Stacy would have nobody to trust, so they’d go to our side.

RNO: If your plan had worked and Cassandra had been voted out, what was your plan for the rest of the game?

Edgardo: My plan was to vote Cassandra off, that would leave Yau-Man and Earl’s alliance crippled. Then Stacy and Boo would know they don’t have that alliance anymore. Since they are just playing the game to get by, we’d pull them to our side and have Mookie, me, Alex, Stacy, and Boo – we knew Dreamz was gone by then.

RNO: Is there anything else you’d like to tell us about your time on Survivor?

Edgardo: It was a great time. You get to meet a lot of insane people and really nice people. It’s just weird and you’re just wondering why you’re doing this with 18 of the craziest people. But you see what you’re made of and it was a really good experience.

Dee

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
On a radio interview at the beginning of the season, Jeff Probst said that Rocky and Yao would be the ones to watch. Yao does have a shot at winning. He's got the idol. He's won challenges. People will vote for him because they did underestimate him. Also, he seems like a nice guy.
Here is a transcript from an interview with Jeff

Another guy who is one of my all time favorite survivors is Yau-Man who I think might be the oldest guy. He's from, coincidentally, Kota Kinabalu where we did the very first season in Borneo. He grew up on those islands. So he is really at home. This is a guy that knows how to open a coconut quickly, efficiently. I really do think that people are going to adore Yau-Man. We have another really interesting person in Dreamz who is Andria/Dre, his real name. He goes by Dreamz on the show. He was homeless, really, a homeless kid, a street performer. His story comes out on the show but in a nutshell, he lived in garbage dumpsters, scrounged for food. He's a gymnast. Him and his brothers would put on shows to make money. This is a kid literally off the street who has survived and made something of his life. He's an underdog. He's a guy that you listen to his story and you instantly forgive a lot of things because you know where he's coming from. I think his biggest challenge on the show is going to be his social adaptability. It's not something he's used to. Hang around 20 people and having to fit in and compromise and say the right thing is not something he grew up with. He's used to doing whatever he needs to do to take care of himself and his family right now. You will see that dilemma play out for him this season. That dilemma right there of how do I adapt to other people and try to get along when my instinct says 'do what's best for you right now' cause that's how you grew up.

Just keeping my fingers crossed for Dre.

Dee

Kasey

Medalist
About blindsiding Edgardo, when Edgardo came on Good Morning America the next day he said that he knew they were all voting for him because he could see that everyone was writing down a long name (not "Alex," LOL.) He begged Alex to slip him the immunity idol, but Alex wouldn't do it.

This was especially ironic after Alex had complained so loudly to Edgardo that Mookie wouldn't share the idol.

I thought I read somewhere that once they get to tribal council, whoever walks in with the Immunity idol has it...it's not like the won immunity that can be given up. If the immunity idol changes hands from who we know has it, it has to be documented, or some such thing. I think it can't just be shifted around at tribal council.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
^:laugh:

The other reasons, Dre is playing. Not that fantastic but playing anyway. Mookie is gone YEH! And Alex has revealed that he is a hypocritical fool. Still like to see Cass gone. There is time though:agree:

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was really upset that Stacy got immunity!!! :mad: :mad:

Dee

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I was really upset that Stacy got immunity!!! :mad: :mad:
:p wouldn'da mattered anyhoo.:p did I say :p j/k:laugh:

I do think she looked stupid wearing it though. And do you think she picked a square that had already been picked on purpose? Strategy? Yah I don't think so either:laugh: But I think that worked in her favor. They are getting desperate for challenge Ideas it seems - 8 man "Battleship." How creative.

OK, Boo is a tough guy. That pop!:eek: Must have been inspired by all the FSers that get back up.;) Nice strangle Cass:scowl: I bett she got a hip check from someone that they didn't show for she sure wasn't a factor toward the end of that challenge. Dish can't eat what she serves. The cold shoulder gets cold coffee - is it possible that karma works prior to the event? Well let's ask Alex - wait! Karma only works in his favor and has no repercussion on him, so I 'spose he might not be the one to ask, he doesn't have a clue what karma is. And "randomly" selected teams? I really doubt that was true. Seemed just a tad to even to be "random." ;)

What was with the "co-ed" showers? And gee, only really show Stacy hunh? Well I guess that is why the co-ed showers? So funny the reaction of "we could smell them as soon as the airplanes door opened." Ribbons doesn't look like it lathers very well, I like to become snowman in the shower, Axe works great!

Last edited:
The 4/26 episode certainly was an interesting one!!! So many things happened through-out the show!
I'm glad Mookie is gone. I still like Alex. I don't like Stacy. I'm kinda hoping Yao Man wins this thing.

Jhar55

Medalist
Jeff acted suprised when it was reveiled that Mookie went through Yau-Man's bag and made the remark about snakes and rats. Liked how the tribe tried to make it a tie I wasn't really suprised but also thought it was funny when Alex voted for Mookie. So who is he going to buddy up with next week? And it really shocked them when Stacey won.

heyang

Record Breaker
Alex was smart to vote for Mookie. He knew that the alliance would be voting for one of them. He was probably hoping for dissension that could split the vote and by voting for Mookie, he took a chance on it being the tie breaker. Also, it's possible that Dre told him they were going to split their votes.

If Mookie had been smarter, he would have voted for Alex, which could have made it a tie, instead.

My favorite for the win is Yao, too.

Jhar55

Medalist
Like to see Yao to win also but now that everyone knows he's got the idol they will be going after him either to give the idol to someone or force him to use it.
He better hope he wins immunity few more times. It would be funny if he figures out where the other idol has been rehid and ends up with 2, if he does he better keep it with him in his pocket.