Stars On Ice St.Louis | Golden Skate

Stars On Ice St.Louis

Jhar55

Medalist
Went last night the show was great.
they had 4 big flat screen tv's on in each corner, at first I thought they were going to show the skating so you could see all angles but they didn't.
They ised them for showing little group chats about behind the sceens, and telling you who was comming on the ice, that type of thing.
The skating was great really loved the 60's skit, really brought you back to some better times ;)
The guys group number was lot of fun, human bowling with Bats as pins Todd being the ball.
Jennifers skate about she doesn't want to be special anymore was one of the best.
My friend really enjoyed her first time seeing a live show for the first time. It was COLD walking back to Union Station where we parked, then we drove 3 1/2 hours back home getting in around 2a.m. but it was worth it.
Getting out of St.Louis was fun they need to invest on signs on how to get back to the interstate.

Jhar55

Medalist
I see my edit didn't work:
Sasha was also there she skated once after the intermisson then came out at the end for a bow with the group. She has a new program but don't know what the music is, and her outfit match the other ladies final outfit.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks for the mini-review, Jhar! :) Glad you enjoyed the show. :party:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Glad you enjoyed the show. At Marshall's Sasha debuted a new program West Side Story. Did she skate that number?

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
According to her website (I believe that's where I read it), Sasha's skating to Christina Aguilera's Hurt during her SOI appearances which is what she skated to during the Rockefeller Center tree lighting special.

Jhar55

Medalist
It wasn't West Side Story so it must have been Hurt, I am not into pop music so thats why I probably didn't know it.

LovetoSkate

Rinkside
Yes, Sasha did skate to Hurt. She skated a really solid performance. I think that she would make a good addition to the cast full time in the future.

I really enjoyed the show!! It was great to see Katia skate again live! Michael Weiss is a great addition to the tour! I have been attending SOI for the past 14 years and I think that this years show is right up there as one of my favorite years. All of the numbers were very entertaining. The only problem was that the show went by way to fast :). Since SOI did not come to Kansas City this year, I went to the St. Louis show.

I wish that still aired the entire tour on tv like that used to do in the past. I always love re-living the show by watching it on tape! If they are worried that people will only watch the show on tv and not come to the show, maybe they should air it after the tour ends or even sell it on DVD.

Michelle

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
or even sell it on DVD.

Michelle

I agree, I thought about getting a DVD of the last years tour of COI but never heard about or saw anything. Would have payed for that over a program book. The COI 06 was nice looking, but a DVD would have made a purchase from me.

Jhar55

Medalist
That would be great idea for them to sell the program on DVD/VCR you could but it the night of the show and rewatch later. I'd buy it. I don't buy the program books anymore they either get put into a box on in the closet never to be looked at again. i always buy a pin but this year they were sold out so I got the magnet, can't wear that magnet on my vest thought :)

Thanks for the review!
I can't wait to see the Philly show in just over 2 weeks.
We have Angela Nikodinov and Kurt Browning as guests. I was THRILLED to learn Kurt was going to appear in Philly, he's my favorite!