How about that Jeremy Abbott?!? (spoilers) | Golden Skate

How about that Jeremy Abbott?!? (spoilers)

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
It is good he such a strong skate. He must be very proud of his score. Correct me if I am wrong but isnt that better then Lysacek's PB international score in a short program? I know Lysacek is capable of a new PB if he can do a clean short now, which he hasnt done for awhile except U.S Nationals, but still impressive nonetheless. He said he was too nervous at Nationals in the short and was more relaxed here. He is learning all the time it seems.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Jeremy Abbot was very impressive in his short programme in 2006 Finlandia Trophy, and I became a big fan. I think that next season he surely will be among the US skaters to compete at Worlds 2008.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Do you think even Weir's spot on the 3 man(assuming it stays 3 man)U.S World team could be on the hot seat next year with a guy like Abbott coming up?

I get the sense Weir and Sandhu's careers are at about the same place right now, and it is a scary place to be.

ElFuego

Rinkside
Do you think even Weir's spot on the 3 man(assuming it stays 3 man)U.S World team could be on the hot seat next year with a guy like Abbott coming up?

Who knows what will happen a year from now, but based on skating skills and technique, I would think that Ryan Bradley would have more to worry about if Abbott became more consistent on his jumps.

After his pewter at Nats and his 2nd place in the SP at 4CC, it's time for this classy young man to get his first thread! Congratulations, Jeremy! :clap:
http://www.usfigureskating.org/event_story.asp?id=37538
Scroll down for his 5-second interview:
http://www.usfigureskating.org/event_details.asp?id=34996
He was among several talented newbies to the US Nats, and he was lucky enough to break loose from the newby crowd. Good for him. Let's keep a watch on him and the others. 2010 gives them all enough time to improve their abilities. Evan and Johnny, beware.

Joe

I get the sense Weir and Sandhu's careers are at about the same place right now, and it is a scary place to be.
Weir and Sandhu at the same place? Come on! Johnny is almost 4 years younger than Eman and only a year older than Abbott.

Anything is possible in the next year, but Weir and Sandhu are two different people and skaters.

Eeyora

Final Flight
II was impressed by him at US Nationals and while his fourth place finish may have been due to the mistakes of others. I think it will give him confidence and a chance to make a name for himself. I think we will be seeing a lot of him in the future. Hopefully he will clinch some Grand Prix spots next season.

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
If he skates well in the LP at 4C's, he should be in the 75 top personal best list. All but one or two skaters in this category were assigned GP spots, and many got a second or first and second as substitutions. Johnny Weir requests other GP's than Skate America, Abbott could be one of three assigned skaters, at minimum.