Pairs FS | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Pairs FS

iloveaxel

Match Penalty
Off topic, but related, I noticed one of the Chinese dancers on TV had alot of scarring on his face in different places, forhead and cheeks and around the mouth. I wondered if it was facial acne scarring, but then thought it looked too severe, and similar to burn scars...? Sorry to be morbid and nosey, but does anyone know anything more about this?

It's sever acene. He complained in his blog about it, it's just getting worse and worse with their busy competition schedule. This pair has already done 4 competitions within the past month. He will probably seek some treatment after this one.

He is actually a handsome guy, but that has really marred his image.

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Oh Gosh! Poor guy! What a cross to bear! It was the worst case I'd ever seen! Hope he can get help for it. Thanks for the info, and yes, he looks good, apart from that. :)

sk8inbladez2010

Spectator
I just found D/D's accident news report on youtube. Here's the link :
Warning, it's not fun to watch.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mD72nCVfiY

Why would they want to show that! I pressed it just because it was something to do with the accident and I thought that I could find out more news, but turned it off when I saw that they were actually going to show the accident!! Thats unbelieveable!! I really hope that they do not show this quite as much as the T/M accident because they definitely overplayed that one as well. Something really needs to be done about this.

Tigger

Final Flight
You're kidding right? This will shown at least for the next year or so as an "example" of how dangerous skating really is. The CBC showed it twice yesterday and once in slow motion just in case we missed how horrid an accident it really was.

I know they'll show it twice at the very least during Worlds. More if they do a fluff piece on D/D and/or the dangers of skating. As much as I hate to admit it, we haven't seen the last of that piece of video.