Woe is me | Golden Skate

Woe is me

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I started this thread yesterday and went to check and see why there hadn't been any answers, etc. and it was gone. If it wasn't appropriate, please let me know.

I started getting these really bad headaches and couldn't stand any glare at all. My eye felt really awful. Then I started getting a rash on one side of my face from the temple and up in my scalp. I went to a Dr. and then to my optometrist and I have shingles. It itches terrible and my eye is real sore from all the puss.
Then, I went to Walmart and tripped and fell on my face. On the side and my glasses put a gash on my face and the bridge on my nose is really sore. Now both of my eyelids are purple and red.. What a mess. I wish I could find something to relieve the itching. Don't dare to put anything on the eyelid, etc. for the itching as it would get into my eyes.

On top of that, my brother that turns 75 tomorrow developed some kind of infection in his liver and they gave him some kind of chemo drug that he injects himself. I was just told that he isn't doing well at all and his wife had knee replacements a few months ago. They say he sleeps all the time. He lives in Idaho and finally sold his campground in Stanley a couple of years ago and bought a house in New Hope.

Hoping for a few prayers. Thanks

Oh, Grgranny, I feel so bad for you. Shingles is awful (not telling you anything you don't already know).

Prayers and best wishes.

Grgranny - my sympathies! Shingles are horrible!!

About Walmart, did you fill out an accident report at the store? If not, go back and do so. Also take a photo of your injury, preferably while holding up a dated newspaper. Keep taking photos over time. Contact Walmart's insurance company (its number should be on their accident report form), claims division, and see if they will compensate you for your doctor bills or distress. Then call a personal injury lawyer.

Do I sound experienced? Unfortunately I am - no resolution of my case yet but we'll see....

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Oh no, Grganny. I feel so bad for you and wish I could help. It probably is not your main concern right now but I would do what Spun said if it was near the store entrance. Some attorneys give free consults to ask if they see a case.

God speed your recovery and I hope they have something you can put in your eye. I had impetigo in my eye (and surrounding area) growing up and it was horrible, but I did have eye drops that helped a little.

Oh how awful for you GrGranny! I've heard that shingles are very painful!
I don't know what to suggest for the itching....Did the doctor suggest anything? Possibly an allergy med such as Benadryl or the stuff they have out for hives would help, but I'd consult your doctor first.
I truly hope you get over the shingles quickly.
Sorry to hear about your fall, too.
Sending hugs and healing vibes.

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
Oh my GrGranny. Hope today is a better day.

Shingles:Caused by the same varicella-zoster virus that causes chickenpox, shingles (also called herpes zoster) most commonly occurs in older people. Treatment was once limited to wet compresses and aspirin. Today's treatments provide a variety of ways to shorten the duration of a shingles outbreak and to control the associated pain.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I had all kinds of employees helping me. They had to fill out the forms for me as my tremors won't allow me to write. The insurance called me this morning. The part that is takes care of the glasses, etc. Haven't talked to the medical yet except the one that filled out the forms then called me today to see how I was doing. They keep telling me if I go to a Dr. for it to call them. I doubt I collect much. My glasses are all scratched up but not real bad except when the optic store tried to "sand" them down it must have taken off some of the anti glare. They couldn't remove some of the scratches. But I am getting my new glasses in about a week or so. I hadn't thought about this pair would be my glasses I would use if something happened to my old ones so will talk to my optometrist next week. I told them I wouldn't sue for more than what it cost me. That's one of the reasons insurance is so high and I really get disgusted is when people try to get a lot of money for nothing. But it sure come in handy. :rofl:
I'm really surprised the rash doesn't really hurt. But the itching is driving me crazy. The raw part of the corner and lid are sure sore. I have to be really careful not to use much Benedril. My granddaughter has 2 1 /2 years left in pharmacy college. (and her grades are really high!!)
She has my list of medications and looks up anything like that for me. (I take over 30 pills a day.) She said I could take some but not much. Probably take one tonight. Thanks for all the concern.

I'm glad you have your daughter to help you out with the meds. It's so tough to know what to take, especially when you take a lot of other stuff. Combinations can be nasty sometimes. I am allergic to sulpha's so I even have to be careful about what kind of OTC antibiotic ointments I use for cuts and such!
I hope the itching and soreness eases up quick!

Buzzz

Final Flight
Hugs & Kisses Grgranny! Hang in there and hope you and your brother gets well soon.

Mysticchic

Rinkside
Hugs and wishes to you Grgranny! If the store is calling you to make sure your ok, they are afraid your going to get a lawyer and sue them. By being nice to you, they feel you will not call a lawyer and will settle for almost nothing.
Go to the hospital and have yourself checked out. Then follow up with a Dr. Don't sign anything with Walmart, except the accident report.
Personal injury lawyers will talk to you for free. At least get advise from them. Once you make an agreement with Walmart and sign off the liablity with them, if you have future problems, they don't have to help you.
There is also benadryl (sp) creams that you can use. If you can't take it orally then try that. Good luck and I hope you get better soon.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I told them I wouldn't sue for more than what it cost me. That's one of the reasons insurance is so high and I really get disgusted is when people try to get a lot of money for nothing. But it sure come in handy. :rofl:
Grgranny, you need to look to the future and if you get some money for your injuries then you are entitled to it. Injuries can pop up later!!! We know that you aren't out to take money that you don't deserve. Just be careful in what you sign and take the advice and get a lawyer.

Grgranny, please take care!!!

Dee

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
We know that you aren't out to take money that you don't deserve.

That is nobel Grgranny, but you may not have fallen if they had cleared the ice as it is their job - to provide all age groups and functioning individuals with a safe shopping experience. You thought you would be provided with a safe shopping experience, they did not provide it. Think of it this way too, if they get away with this, someone else could get hurt because they didn't take it seriously. Also they have insurance for this very type of thing.

It is nice you don't want to be "sue happy" - very morally commendable - but remember the road to hell is paved with good intent. And it is always free of ice because hell does not want to get sued.:laugh:

Last edited:

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
No one around here clears up their parking lots after it snows very well. Really disgusting. I was inside. In what they call the garden market where they have those really huge boxes of fruit, etc. The boxes are made so the corners are cut off and the pallets have corners. I didn't see the corner jutting out. I did relate that to them and told them they needed to either put corners on their boxes or do something about the pallet corners. I am glad you mentioned about signning anything. I hadn't thought of it am not going to let them push me into anything. I go to my rheumatologist tomorrow and will find out for sure if my nose is broken. I don't think it is but sure is sore all the places my nose hit. I'll just take my time and if I have any questions, will try and find out from reliable sources, etc. Really glad for all the advice. Thank you, thank you. :bow: :bow:

JOHIO2

Medalist
Hi Grgranny. Hope you are feeling better. From what I've heard, shingles are long-lasting and miserable. I wouldn't wish them on anyone.

So sorry about your fall. You were really lucky that the injury wasn't worse. Now that I have been diagnosed with osteoporosis, I try to be careful. It's taken me a couple of months to really recover from a knee injury from before Christmas. So, this horribly long cold spell with continuous snow and ice, has made me super-careful. Heck, I seem to have turned into a hermit! So, when is spring, anyway?

Hope your brother is feeling better too. Liver ailments really take the oomph out of people, so maybe all that sleeping is necessary to heal. I know you worry about your relatives, as do we all.

Take care!