Match Penalty
I like Kimmie

I prefer Kimmie more to Evan.

In ladies, here's my preference.

1. Mao Asada, hands down!!!!
2. Yu-Na Kim
3. Kimmie
4. Ando.

Plus, Binshu Xu is in my heart, i just hope she can get more consistent!!

I absolutely loathe Emily.

Tenorguy

On the Ice
I prefer Kimmie more to Evan.

In ladies, here's my preference.

1. Mao Asada, hands down!!!!
2. Yu-Na Kim
3. Kimmie
4. Ando.

Plus, Binshu Xu is in my heart, i just hope she can get more consistent!!

I absolutely loathe Emily.

Do we really need to use the word LOATHE? How very small of you.

Three cheers for Kimmie and Emily!! To all the ladies, have a great Worlds.:clap:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
ah yes, let's just take an otherwise uplifting thread and turn it negative. :p

I'm excited for both and can't wait to see what all the fuss is about.

The CoP gets a bad rap, but I think overall the idea is so much better. I love how you CAN comeback and not just have to hope for a splatfest...

R.D.

Record Breaker
Kimmie's definitely made a strong effort and it's been impressive for her to come all the way from 6th but I think still needs improvement if she is to defend the World championship.

As for Hughes she's not bad but I have gotten sort of a negative vibe from her interviews since of late. Don't know why though...

I do think the Worlds will end up being YuNa/Asada/Meissner in SOME sort of order. Dark horses include Kostner and Ando.

Last edited:

R.D.

Record Breaker
The CoP gets a bad rap, but I think overall the idea is so much better. I love how you CAN comeback and not just have to hope for a splatfest...

The Cop is good, it just needs some tweaks...and I think the judges and callers should be made public (accountability here). Many of the artistic fans cannot stand it, though.

rain

Record Breaker
Congrats to both for coming back after disappointing short programs to do well in the long. Whatever questions about the judging I might have, both these skaters deserved big kudos for turning it around in their LPs.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I'm a big artistry fan, but I do understand the idea of sport... yes skating is more than just sport, but it's also more than just art, and I think the CoP is a more fair judge than the 6.0 which mainly rewarded based on lifelong accomplishments, not competition long ones.

I do agree this anon. judging has got to go, though...

dizzydi7

On the Ice
Meissner/Lysacheck - The Comeback kids

Yes, Kimmie does do it again which makes me think that possibly she could do it again at Worlds. All she needs is 1) Others to make more mistakes than she; 2) another skate of her life. It can happen!

Dizzy

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I'm a big artistry fan, but I do understand the idea of sport... yes skating is more than just sport, but it's also more than just art, and I think the CoP is a more fair judge than the 6.0 which mainly rewarded based on lifelong accomplishments, not competition long ones.

:love: :agree: :love:

R.D.

Record Breaker
Yes, Kimmie does do it again which makes me think that possibly she could do it again at Worlds. All she needs is 1) Others to make more mistakes than she; 2) another skate of her life. It can happen!

yes it sure can. It came for her at an ideal time last year. Who knows, maybe this extra (4CC) competition before Worlds was just what she needed. Last year that "extra" comp happened to be the almighty O's.

She's not a strong SP skater so that might hurt her if she botches the short in Japan. She can make up plenty of ground in the FS, the key for her is just not to get too far behind (< 5 pts behind the leader).

Last edited:

decker

On the Ice
I'm excited for both and can't wait to see what all the fuss is about.

:agree:

I'm from the US so I like to see my team all over and around the podium.

It wouldn't hurt my feelings if the US men or ladies had finished in reverse order. But I can't bring myself to be seriously disappointed when my country was well represented on the ice ... and nobody got whacked on the knee or paid off. I'm trying not to get too het up over who got what PCS scores compared to whom and such until I see the delayed broadcast.

I also can't wait to see what happens at Worlds. Maybe this is just the Year of Strange and Miraculous Things. Short of nekkid mud wrestling in the kiss-n-cry, I'm for anything that will increase interest and chances for another TV contract.

Susan

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
I don't see Meissner's win as a miracle -- she may have been 6th after the SP, but the difference was only a little over 4 points, which is a one-fall difference between 1st and 6th. Neither Rochette, Hughes, Czisny, or Liu has skated a clean LP all year, either, although Czisny came closest at US Nats, and Meissner's base content is higher than the rest. (I'm not sure about Sawada.)

Lysacek really pulled it out of the hat, trailing by 10 points going into the LP. But he nearly won an Olympic bronze the same way.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Congratulations to the Kimminator and to Evan!

They are both sterling competitors and I wasn't a bit surprised to see them both come back to win.

Whatever mistakes Kimmie made in the SP and FS, I bet she will NOT make at Worlds. She is getting stronger and stronger as the season goes on, and I am convinced that once again, she will peak at Worlds.

R.D.

Record Breaker
I'm not so convinced she will be absolutely flawless at worlds but she should at least do better than she did here. Will that be enough to win? remains to be seen. Remember though, Arakawa won the world championship in 04 and barely squeezed into the top 10 in 05. Then came back and won the OGM. In other words, if Meissner doesn't do well for whatever reason it's hardly over yet or reason to worry. She just needs to a) stay healthy and b) keep improving.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I agree, Red Dog. If you notice, I did not say she would WIN worlds, I said she will peak for the season at Worlds.

I think Kimmie has a very bright future because she is a top-notch competitor who is always focused on what she needs to do to improve. That is a much better goal than just wanting to win the next competition.

Kimmie's definitely made a strong effort and it's been impressive for her to come all the way from 6th but I think still needs improvement if she is to defend the World championship.
Can you name someone who doesn't need improvement? and btw, we are not talking about the world championship. That's another thread.

Joe

Dizzy
Do you not think 'others' need Kimmie to make mistake if they want to win?

Joe

R.D.

Record Breaker
Can you name someone who doesn't need improvement? and btw, we are not talking about the world championship. That's another thread.

True...but some skaters need more improvement than others. :p