Who has the Hottest OD this season? | Golden Skate

Who has the Hottest OD this season?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Who in your opinion has the hottest OD this season and why?

I haven't seen many because I have stupid dial up so I am basically at the mercy of American Television, but I have to say of the ones I've seen I LOVE Melissa and Denis' OD. I love the passion they portray, and they are just HAWT! :) :love:

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
I don't know about the hottest, but the best translation of tango to ice, with more than enough smoulder, is Carron/Jost's, to vocal selections from Piazolla's Maria de Buenos Aires.

Kasey

Medalist
Of the Americans, Navarro/Bommentre. Internationally, Denkova/Staviski, along with the young Italian team (Luca/Lanotte? Something like that)

Dyan

On the Ice
Tonichelle, I feel your pain. For some reason I has the (apparently mistaken) impression that with B&A's success internationally that we would see more icedancing than we have thus far. Especially at Nationals.

Kasey, ITA that Navarro & Bommentre have the best Tango of the American dance teams. I do like Belbin & Agosto's as well as Gregory & Petukhov's but a couple of days ago I downloaded N&B's performance from Four Continents and my reaction was "Wow!" N&B may not have the most difficult program of all the teams but the highlights in the music and choreography really leave an impression. I like that fact that N&B didn't choose one of the old standby music choices.

Internationally I like Denkova & Stavisky as well as the OD of the Kerr's.

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
I've only seen three ODs all season so far, dag nabbit. Of the three I've seen, I liked Davis and White's the best. The way their legs kept entwining mesmerized me - I kept expecting them to land in a heap on the ice. I can't wait to see some more...ESPN, are you paying attention? ;)
B/A's OD didn't throw off any heat for me at all. I think it was Ben's costume. Is that the worst-fitting jacket you've ever seen or what? It just hangs on him, and the way the bottom is slit, it makes him look like he's wearing a skirt when he's doing twizzles. NOT a good look for him...I found myself thinking that he looked like he'd been dressed by a completely tasteless Mafia don. Ben, sweetie, smack your stylist!
Hopefully, ESPN will do us the favor of showing more than one part of the competition at Worlds, because any money I'd spend on a new computer is going to the Worlds 2009 fund. Where I'll see lots and lots of ODs - hot, cold and tepid. :biggrin:
xoxo
Rave

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Dyan - I know, but I do think we got to see quite a few more ice dance teams that usual. But I'm only comparing the last couple of years that I've had ESPN...

_Ladybug_

On the Ice
Delobel and Schoenfelder. I adore their tango. I didn't love so much an OD since Gwendal and Marina's OD in 2002.

I agree Kasey on N&B. I was talking to their coach at Nats and after I said I like the team very much because they bring pleasure to Dance. He smiled and said that is basically our message. Enough of all this tragedy.

Hockeyfan - I've only seen Caron/Jost's Piaf on Youtube but it won me over. I don't think they qualified for Worlds - Da-m it.

Joe

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Melissa and Denis's OD this year! The choreography is great and they are just so into it, they really sell it from start to finish. And I love her dress and want one just like it.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Melissa and Denis's OD this year! The choreography is great and they are just so into it, they really sell it from start to finish. And I love her dress and want one just like it.
I agree they have the best sturm und drang dance this season, but they are not popular with the judges. Why?

Joe

waxel

Final Flight
I am more excited about Davis and White than any other dance team in recent memory. I am eagerly anticipating watching their progress.

Antilles

Medalist
Denkova&Staviski have my favourite OD of the season. D&L are in second. I haven't seen Del&Shoe's or G&P's this season, but I've seen most of the others. My least favourite is Dom&Shab. Nice moves, but it doesn't look like a tango.

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
I agree they have the best sturm und drang dance this season, but they are not popular with the judges. Why?

Joe

I wish I knew. IMHO they have been consistently underrated by both the judges and by skating fans, and waaaaaaay undermarked, especially in the last two seasons but especially this year.

Kasey

Medalist
I am more excited about Davis and White than any other dance team in recent memory. I am eagerly anticipating watching their progress.

VERY excited about Davis and White!!! And I like the intricacy of their OD, but I don't feel it's "hot", so to speak. But LOVE them!!

lanadd

On the Ice
My fav is Denkova/Stavisky, just brilliant choreography....and with amazing transitions
Second is Del/S extremely difficult, i little bit weak in interpretation
Third D/L not as difficult as the other top 2, but good choreo and interpretation

npa

Match Penalty
From all yours opinions, i can say, that tou prefer Nataliya Linichuk work most of all - she did choreo for G/P, Den/Stav, Navarro/Bommetry - wich you all prefer more.
On second place - Zazui with her choreografes and studiens.
My rating - Pratt-Gillis (its so sad, that they are split up), Denkova-Stavisky, Virtue-Moir, Capelinni-Lanotta, Khohlova-Novitsky (its not a tango - but its very emotional and brilliant dance in all cases)

gkelly2

Rinkside
Here goes my ranking:
1.Den/Sta- masterpiece in every aspect
2.Del/S-technically brilliant, but the tango is not the beat for Olivier
3.G/P- wonderful choreo- Obviously Linichuk loves the tango and the tango loves her :thumbsup:

waxel

Final Flight
Sorry, a bit off topic. But I just watched Virtue & Moir's Valse Triste free dance. It is exquisite.