Amazing Race All Stars Starts Sunday | Golden Skate

Amazing Race All Stars Starts Sunday

Tigger

Final Flight
Just thought I'd start the thing and get any predictions going...

Anyone but Rob and Amber and I am a happy girl!!

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
Just thought I'd start the thing and get any predictions going...

Also Teri and Ian - I hope these are the first two teams eliminated. Right now, it's hard to predict who will win. I would give the edge to Dustin and Kandace.

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Go Rob & Amber!

Also Teri and Ian - I hope these are the first two teams eliminated. Right now, it's hard to predict who will win. I would give the edge to Dustin and Kandace.

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

I'm very excited about this version of the race!!! And will root for Rob & Amber until the very end... I was so sad that these two came in second... Some of the best & smartest racing I've ever seen & it was awesome... :rock: :rock:

merrywidow

Record Breaker
I'm looking foreward to seeing Rob & Amber again. It will be fun to see if he is able to manipulate any of these racers the way he has manipulated people in the past. He's good TV. There are so many racers that I like that I have no idea who I will rout for. The only ones that I detested were Bill & Joe (Team Guido) so I'd enjoy seeing them go at it with Rob or Mirna.

heyang

Record Breaker
I had no problem with Rob and Amber. They played a smart game AND they were good to each other. They played by the rules of the game and helped their friends. Uchenna and Joyce got some help from them, as well as some of the other teams. Rob and Amber just got into the wrong cab and Uchenna & Joyce were lucky they managed to get on that plane.

I am definitely interested in finding out what's happened in these relationships since we 1st 'met' them.

Jhar55

Medalist
I am kind of dissapointed on the choice of racers. Like lot of other I am SICK of Rob and Amber they need to get real life and live off something other than TV game shows.
Don't look forward to Jon berating his wife again. This is one AR don't care if I miss any of it or not.
Let's hope they put a NEW rule that they can't get a local to guide them around asking for directions is ok but you can't take another person along with you.

heyang

Record Breaker
Jonathon and Victoria aren't competing this time.

I was disappointed that Uchenna and Joyce haven't looked into adoption. After their leg in South Africa, they had said they would consider adoption if invitro didn't work.

Can't believe the flat tire.

Tigger

Final Flight
That was horrible luck, wasn't it?

Cheering for Team Cha Cha Cha!! Go Oswald and Danny!!

Oh and Ecuador is one gorgeous country!!

Jhar55

Medalist
After watching Sunday I agree with one of the racers who said that most of america is tired of Rob and Amber. I didn't like them in Surivoir or when they first ran AR. They have such a better than you attitude.
Yes I had Jon and Johnathan mixed up, I thouhgt this was going to be the best of the best racers but it's not. IMO they left out the most of the best.
I am cheering for Kentucky only because they are the least expected ones to win and they come from the same area as my sweetheart and live down the road from his cousin.

heyang

Record Breaker
All-Star = popular and/or competitive. In all the other all-star editions of reality shows, there have been players who played well (in the final round) and others who were just fan faves.

For AR, the following fall into 'finalist' category:
Rob/Amber
Uchenna/Joyce
Teri/Ian
Joe/Bill

Popular (some were also competitive, but they weren't in the final 3):
Kevin/Drew who host a TV show
Danny/Oswald
Jill/John V
David/Mary
Eric/Danielle - AR love story since they met while competing on the show.

Annoying/controversial/'hated'
Charla/Mirna - people liked Charla, but found Mirna annoying
Beauty Queens - truly a competitive team, but not 'loved'.

Tigger

Final Flight
And they're right in second and third for me behind Oswald and Danny.

Can't wait to see the two of them get in each other's face on Sunday night though. That should be fun to watch.

The team that said the truth about not just America, but a majority of Cdn AR fans too, re: Rob/Amber was either Danny or Oswald. Can't remember now, but it was one of them.

A lot of people were also hoping for Colin and Christie for All Stars too, but both Victoria and Christie are expecting their first and/or have had their babies by now. Congrats to both couples, but I would have loved to have seen Colin and Christie again. Colin vs Rob would have been interesting.

And I can't believe no one has said the first really good "Duh!!" quote of the All Stars yet...

Boy, Peru is one gorgeous country.

I'm sure Peru is a gorgeous country, except you're in Ecuador!!

ROTFLOL!!!

heyang

Record Breaker
I don't know how Colin and Christy would have done during the roadblocks. During their participation in AR, I think she only did the caviar roadblock - he did all the others. I think it was because of Christy and Kim (of Chip & Kim) that the producers created the rule that each team member can only do a maximum of 6 roadblocks to ensure that they are evenly divided if the team makes it to the end. That's why there's a strategy to deciding who does the roadblocks too and you typically see the men taking the more physical challenges.

I remember there was one older couple (not Gretchen and Meredith) who decided that he would do the more physical. There was one challenge were they had to ride down a zipline from the top of a ski lift after climbing stairs - the wife was upset because the husband did it when she thought it would be one of the less physically challenging tasks.

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
Well, unbelievably it happened!!! Rob and Amber are out!!!! They did make some crucial mistakes. For the Detour, they should have done Navigate It instead of Sign It. For the Road Block, Amber should have done it instead of Rob - although I understand why Rob ended up doing it. I wonder how far behind Charla and Mirna they arrived on the mat....

It will be interesting to see how the race plays out. I would love for Oswald and Danny to win, but I don't think they will. I would go with Dustin and Kandace. I think they will make a move soon. Funny how Lyn signed their letter but not Karlyn.

I couldn't stand how Mirna was treating Charla on this leg of the race. However, I'm sure the stress of the race magnifies everything 1000 times.

I wonder where they are headed next week. Will they finally leave South America? Those rats in the preview looked disgusting.

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

Tigger

Final Flight
Hee!! I hope I didn't wake my parents up about forty minutes ago. Due to watching the Championship game of the Tim Horton's Brier, our Men's Curling Championship, I missed the first airing of it, so caught it on CTV Calgary. Anyway...

When Charla and Mirna ended up on the mat before Rob and Amber, I let out a few shouts of joy. Thank Goodness!!! I personally don't think they should have been on TAR the first time to begin w/, so really had a problem w/them on All Stars. Now the Race will get very interesting w/such a strong team gone.

You know something, if I'd been Charla on that Roadblock, I would have aimed that pole at Mirna and thrown!! Between her actions tonight and her comments about poor her saddled w/someone who can't do as much as the other teams and...I want them, but mostly her, gone next!!!

I'd love to see Ozzy and Danny win the thing, but we'll see. I'm starting to really like Ian and Teri, they've been very strong and steady so far. Yes, there was that one screw up tonight w/walking past the clue box, but that seems to happen at least once a season to a team, so... We'll see.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them stay at least one more leg in Argentina. TAR seems to really adore Argentina and I think it's been the most visited country when you tally it up throughout all the seasons. Can't say I blame em. It is a gorgeous place. :)

merrywidow

Record Breaker
I'm sorry to see Rob & Amber go. He has made me laugh many times & I like the way he treats Amber with love & respect. Has he ever called anyone a foul name on AR the way that Charla & Mirna have been doing? I was a fan of theirs previously but am over them for the way they seem to feel they should receive special consideration by the other racers. Go Danny & Oswald or the Beauty Queens. I'd even settle for Terry & Ian!! :rofl:

Jhar55

Medalist
I was also clapping that Rob and Amber are out. the main reason I don't care for them is that ego trip they are on. So glad it wasn't a no elemation leg.
Mirna treated Charla like that the first time they were on the show. She made Charla do all the roadblocks and I think thats one reason they changed and said each had to do so many. That would have been funny if Charla had throwed down everything and told her to do it herself. But think they will be the next team to go.

heyang

Record Breaker
I really don't understand why people have problems with Rob & Amber. They play competitively. They help some teams. They play within the rules. They treat each other respectfully. Ok, maybe Rob stretches it a bit, but it's part of the game. During their 1st race, so many teams just had a problem with them being there before they even started playing. Just concentrate on your own game. Sheesh!

I was disappointed to see them go. Mirna does not deserve to be there just based upon the way she treats her partner. yes, there's pressure on this race, but everyone else is under the same gun, too.

The reason for the rule change was Colin/Christy and Chip/Kim. They were top 2 during their race, but each of the ladies did only 1 or 2 out of 12 roadblocks. Now, the roadblocks must be even by the time the cross the finish line.

I'm liking Terri and Ian more this time around. They haven't really started yelling at each other too much. Actually, I think that's just their way. There would be scenes of them getting frustrated, but then they would hold hands going up the escalator.

So, my new team to root for is Danny & Oswald. I liked their attitude during their 1st race and this race. They are trying to enjoy the race and be competitive. After them, probably the BQ's next.