Jessica Dube's Okay (new article) | Golden Skate

Jessica Dube's Okay (new article)

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I keep hearing this encouraging news about her and I have to say, it is no surprise. I can only speculate, but if you skate pairs a prerequisite is that you are brave, strong and can take a "hit." I don't mean this in anyway to say the slice was no biggie, that is huge, and likely one of the biggest fears for both the receiver of the injury and the giver. But the fact the pairs teams are tough completive athletes should not be a surprise. It is the most dangerous of the FS disciplines and the attitude going in has to be strong or we will never even hear their name more then once if they weren't.

They both have it in them to continue IMO even if I really know little about them. The hope I really have is that they are not tentative with this on their minds that it effects their skating. I never would doubt they would come back. Just like Tat n Max. Learn from it and put it behind.

Rock on Jessica and Bryce:rock: :rock: :rock: Your reactions to this accident are inspiring and will continue to prove you are beyond just an athlete.:love:

Zuranthium

Match Penalty
This is why I don't want to do Pairs. Personal failure is one thing, but the chance of physically hurting someone else....very scary to me.

~Z

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I am still here folks. I have been following this story so had to say something...Just want to say what a reliief it is to know Jessica is going to be okay. Indeed, pair skating is a dangerous discipline in figure skating. We (Canada) have had our share of pair mishaps. I always remember "Tuffy" Christine Hough and Doug Ladret's horrific accident on the ice:

http://www.skate.org/h+l/

I am happy to hear that Jessica and Bryce will continue to skate together. I am looking forward to seeing them again at Worlds.

Thanks for this information.

:agree:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Glad to see you here, Lad! ;)

I love this team, and hope to see Jessica & Bryce skate together for many years to come. :)