Okay, I am Back..... | Golden Skate

Okay, I am Back.....

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I had announced that I was taking a break from Golden Skate for awhile, but you know me guys. Here I am back already. My husband and I are dealing with a disaster tonight that happened earlier today - our basement got flooded. A pipe burst that we had no knowledge about earlier this morning. I was at work all day and my husband had just arrived home from work and was resting. Anyway, to make a long story short - some of his records (lps) that are stored in boxes on the floor got wet. Our big tv survived, but the stand is wet. We have a restoration compant working tonight to mop up the rug. There is some damage to the walls...oh woe is me! We are waiting for the big bill at the end. And even though our Strata counsel admits it is part of their responsibility they don't want us to go through our insurance co. They said they will pay for some of the damage ifit is a resonable cost!!!!! Yea, right! We will be seeing them in court if they don't cover some of the cost. Right now I feel sick.......

Looking at Dollar signs right now $$$$$$$

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sorry to hear about this mess. :cry:: Best of luck with it. I do hope you get it straightened out!

OTOH, glad you're back here! ;)

Been through a few burst pipes in our lifetime here in this house. It is NOT fun. Sorry to hear you are going through it.

Welcome back!

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Good to have you back. I hope the company you were referring to flips the bill for you. That is an ordeal. Cutting the walls 18 inches from the floor and replacing, removing all the carpet, fixing the pipe as well as the LPs that are damaged and whatever other keepsakes.... EEsh, floods stink. Here is to it going quickly and without hassle. *crossed fingers*

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Hsaving gone through all that in the last couple of years, I can sure feel for you. Just get it all dried out asap. I'm still behind on stuff from it.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Thanks folks! Good to know someone out there cares!!! We sure don't feel the love from our neighbours.

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
Lad what a mess. Hope things are starting to dry out.

When I first moved into my new house almost 4yrs ago, my neighbor next door woke up one morning to find it raining inside their house. What happen is that some construction worker had put a nails through the water pipes. As my neighbors started to us the water, little my little the pressure of the water cause the nails to fall out of the pipes and water to go all over the inside of the walls and ceiling. The same thing happened to my neighbor across the street.