Which lady is most likely to win the Worlds bronze medal? | Golden Skate

Which lady is most likely to win the Worlds bronze medal?

Which of the following ladies is most likely to win the bronze medal at Worlds

• Kimmie Meissner

Votes: 28 53.8%
  • Sarah Meier

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • Carolina Costner

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • Miki Ando

Votes: 8 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

krenseby

Final Flight
Which of the following four ladies do you believely most likely to win the bronze medal at the next Worlds?

ArwenIcePrincess

Rinkside
While I'm hoping Kimmie does better than third, realistically she'll need help from Mao and Yu-Na in order to do that. Kostner is a lovely skater, but she doesn't usually do well under pressure, and Meier doesn't have experience with pressure at Worlds. I think Kimmie is fiery enough to hang on to a medal.

russell30

Final Flight
You may find that Yu Na and Mao might come under pressure at their first worlds, Mao can be inconsistent (depends if she nails that first jump- being triple axel) and Yu Na is just resuming training after her long term back injury. The Ladies is wide open!! than ever, but out of your four I would have to go for Kimmie. I got a feeling that Kimmie could win!! but who knows. Competition is exciting and throws up surprises.

Julie79

Rinkside
My vote is for Joannie Rochette. I know it's a long shot, but she can be there if she skates clean.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Is this thread implying that Yu-Na Kim who had a serious back injury she has had to recover from, and IIRC has never scored beyond 120 in the free skate under COP is a virtual certainty of a top 2 medal? I am not assuming that is the case, just curious if that is the insinuation in which case I disagree with.

kendall

Match Penalty
What the hell, kimmie in 3rd?? Believe it or not, Kimmie will win another World gold medal next month. She is going to be the next Michelle Kwan and the better Michelle Kwan. As you guy already see, she won her 1st World title at her 1st world appearance. So, isn't that telling you guy something? No lady ever able to that even Michelle Kwan. Kimmie is the only lady to do so. Besides that, she has 2 triple-triple as well as a triple axel if she feel like she need it. Also, her artistry has improve so much and far beyond anyone else rite now. {please go back see US national championship, and see how Dick Button, and Peggy compliment on her artistry] With on of the above, Kimmie will going to win Gold Medal period. Kimmie will :rock:

krenseby

Final Flight
Is this thread implying that Yu-Na Kim who had a serious back injury she has had to recover from, and IIRC has never scored beyond 120 in the free skate under COP is a virtual certainty of a top 2 medal? I am not assuming that is the case, just curious if that is the insinuation in which case I disagree with.

Well, to be honest, I sort of assumed that. Yu-Na was the only lady this year to win two Grand-Prix events. She beat Mao at last year's Junior Worlds and this year's Grand Prix final. I did assume that even if she couldn't beat Mao this time, she would at least be able to come out on top of her.

Julie79

Rinkside
Julie, do you think that a clean skate from Joannie could beat Meissner?

Yes, I do. Joannie has had good reviews on her LP, in particular, this year. If she is able to land at least one 3-3 (that she has been promising for a while), she has a very good short at beating Kimmie.