Wow... | Golden Skate

Wow...

R.D.

Record Breaker
some of you may know a couple of weeks ago I sent Alyssa a good-luck message for worlds (via her website). Well today I actually received a reply!!!! I wasn't expecting it at all...in fact I forgot I even wrote it!! I don't know if it's generic or not- it probably isn't since it took this long!! wow, she's really nice :clap: :yes:

Sylvia

Record Breaker
some of you may know a couple of weeks ago I sent Alyssa a good-luck message for worlds (via her website). Well today I actually received a reply!!!! I wasn't expecting it at all...in fact I forgot I even wrote it!! I don't know if it's generic or not- it probably isn't since it took this long!! wow, she's really nice :clap: :yes:
Yes, Alissa (spelled with an 'i' ;)) really does make an effort to reply to her fans. :) Czisny wrote in her Feb. 18th journal entry on her official site ( http://www.figureskatersonline.com/alissaczisny/ ) that:
"You can reach me through the e-mail on this website, and I will try to respond to you in a reasonable amount of time."

R.D.

Record Breaker
thanks...I did read her journal but didn't catch that bit. Or maybe I did, but I reasoned "she couldn't possibly respond to every SINGLE bit of email she gets." Who knows, maybe I just got lucky...or reached her during a point of lower volumes of email...it feels good, though. This is the first time I've really sent this kind of stuff and it paid off- I know she read it :)

What?! I wrote to Alissa and told her, if that scoundrel Red Dog writes to you, don't answer. :biggrin:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What?! I wrote to Alissa and told her, if that scoundrel Red Dog writes to you, don't answer. :biggrin:
Math, you are just so much fun. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Does Mrs. Math think so???

Dee

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Evan Lysacek's thanks also take forever and a day... I think he answered his Olympic email in like May... my brother was so excited to get something back.

It was a quick little something, but it was still sweet...

do most of the skaters on Figure Skaters Online reply to their emails?

R.D.

Record Breaker
hmm, does he also have an FSO site? Maybe it's something to do with the site. Has anyone ever written to, say, Michelle, Kimmie or Sasha and gotten a response? (I doubt it...)

I got nice (and timely) replies from Tonya Kwiatkowski and from Yuka Sato and Jason Dungjen. (As a mere commoner, I'm not worthy to write to the Kween, LOL. )

R.D.

Record Breaker
When did you write to them? I think maybe the "lesser-known" the skater, the more likely one is to receive a response?? Big skaters like Cohen and Kwan probably get so much mail that it's not humanly possible to answer every single one, but maybe someone like Czisny who may get (I don't know) maybe 20, 30 a week? that's manageable...plus she's nice enough to make arrangements to see that she responds at least to as many as she can.

When did you write to them?
I wrote to Tonya Kwiatkowski when I saw her in the title role of the TV special The Christmas Angel...

...also starring Dorothy Hamill, Elvis Stojko, Rudy Galindo and Punsalen and Swallow (who I saw in Michaels' Craft store around the same time buying decorations for the nursery, back when they were expecting their first baby), and featuring the music of Manheim Steamroller. :rock:

I told Tonya I gave her a 6.0, Dorothy (silver), 5.9. :)