Question regarding military/war.... | Golden Skate

Question regarding military/war....

K

Kasey

Question regarding military/war....

I know that I am relatively new here....I've enjoyed most of the posts, on this and the other forums here at GS, and appreciate that most of them are greatly respectful, even when polar opposite opinions are expressed.

I've read a lot of the war-related threads here, and can respect people with both the same opinion as myself, or those with a differing opinion who DON'T get all intolerant and witchy with it! (I've come across that on another message board, which is why I feel the need to THANK YOU all for being respectful and kind!)

Just for curiousity's sake, not to stir up anything or attack anyone....I was just curious how many people here have any experience in the military, or in a war action at all? No need to respond if you disapprove of the question, of course. I don't think that having that experience makes anyone MORE qualified on their opinions or anything....I'm just curious, since I'm a vet of Desert Storm....

Thanks....all due respect, honest! :)

Kasey

M

mathman444

Re: Question regarding military/war....

Kasey, if you click on the personal profile of GS8 (Paula, owner of this board), you will see that she had a long military career before she became a free-lance writer and web designer. Maybe we can entice her to post some of her experiences on this thread?

Were you a nurse in the army? For some reason I'm thinking MASH all of a sudden.

Mathman

K

Kasey

Re: Question regarding military/war....

Thanks Mathman!

Nope, not a nurse in the military....didn't get my nursing degree until the year after finishing my time. I worked in reconnaissance/intelligence....the recon planes that filmed the landscape, we were the ones who processed the film, located targets and briefed the pilots....No MASH here! :)

Kasey