Freedom Fries | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Freedom Fries

N

Nadya Lyubova

Re: Mike 79

Thanks for your supposrt, Mathman and Joesitz :) And yes, Joesitz, we better disagree on skating than on the war ;) A skating board wouldn't be fun anyway if everyone just worshipped the same person ;)

And Cynic, I didn't mean to offend you or get you mad. I know I'm too passionate about some things myself...when I consider something unfair I just start to write a whole novel about the issue, but I didn't mean to offend anyone. Peace (literally).

J

Jimmy Hoffa 2

<a href="http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/europe/03/17/offbeat.pretzels.reut/index.html" target="top">Turnabout is fair play?</a>

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>PARIS, France (Reuters) -- U.S. citizens have turned on French fries and toast to vent their frustration at France's anti-war stance on Iraq. Now the French have joined in the food war -- with pretzels.

A French Web site is urging people to send pretzels to U.S. President, who fainted and fell off a sofa in January 2002 after gagging on the salty snack.

The Web site, www.bretzelforbush.com, says the pretzels will be stored at a secret location before being sent to the White House in a historic mass action.[/quote]

N

Nadya Lyubova

:rolleyes: Oh well.....A calls B a name and B calls A a name back..... the funny thing is Bretzels are from Germany...uh-oh...:rolleyes:

J

Joesitz

It's hot dogs v. Chateaubriand or champagne v. coca cola. Take you pick.

Joe

S

sk8cynic

so exhausted............

I'm getting to a point that I just can't think anymore.

Nadya, you have some of the most eloquent and concise posts with regard to the global crises at hand, and though we are on opposite ends of the spectrum about how to deal with this, you have my utmost respect. Same goes for Mathman, Doris, Rgirl......

Come to think of it, I feel that way about most everyone here (yes, Joe, even through our tiff, you made the cut :p :smokin: ;) ...

I'm not going to reply to some of the posts here yet. I seriously need to recharge my mental batteries. To get that rolling, I ditched all my responsiblities this afternoon, went to the rink, and skated for 2 hours. I feel much better!!!

L

Lcp88

Re: so exhausted............

At least they picked "Freedom" instead of something like "Bush Fries:
Has anyone seen this truly funny video clip of Tony Blair and George Bush singing (I think) "I Honestly Love You?"
They showed it on Good Morning America a few days ago and it was posted in an internet site. It consisted of Tong Blair and George "singing" to each other, except the funny thing was that they really looked like they were lip syncing!:rollin:
Laura

N

Nadya Lyubova

Re: so exhausted............

Cynic, I think I know how you're feeling. Whenever I open up one of those war threads that simply exhaust me mentally, I get so stressed out even before I've started reading...and when I reply my level fo stress rises even more because I'm constantly worried I'll forget an argument...I wished it was all over *lol* (I'm still on my semester break....:rolleyes: now that's how I imagined it to be....).

I just hope there won't arise any hard feelings between the posters here because of the war. Even if I come across rude, I don't mean to insult anyone personally.

Peace. :)

J

Jules Asner

J

Joesitz

The French would gladly die for love

Jules = What should I do with my French blue dress shirt? I look so good in it. Amost like Jean Paul Belmondo (I wish).

Joe

K

Kasey

Re: Freedom Fries

I am support of our actions currently, but I truly think "freedom fries" and such is totally stupid! Why not use truth in advertising? "Artery clogging, heart stopping sticks of cholesterol"? SIGH. Kasey

G

Grgranny

Re: The French would gladly die for love

Joe, just give it another name. You gotta wear that pretty blue shirt. Bet you have blue eyes.