Seeing Champions On Ice Tomorrow.... | Golden Skate

Seeing Champions On Ice Tomorrow....

....as long as the Nor'Easter heading our way doesn't make it totally too dangerous to drive, hubby and I will be heading over to Philadelphia for the Champions on Ice show on Sunday(4/15).
I'm looking forward to trying out my new camera...hopefully I'll have some decent photos to share after the show. Looking forward to seeing who, besides the regulars, will be there...someone usually is absent and people we don't expect to see end up appearing in the show.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
here's hoping the 'rumors' running around about Melissa and Denis having guest spots are true and that your stop is one of them

because everyone should have the joy of watching them live! :love:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
....as long as the Nor'Easter heading our way doesn't make it totally too dangerous to drive, hubby and I will be heading over to Philadelphia for the Champions on Ice show on Sunday(4/15).
I'm looking forward to trying out my new camera...hopefully I'll have some decent photos to share after the show. Looking forward to seeing who, besides the regulars, will be there...someone usually is absent and people we don't expect to see end up appearing in the show.

Drive carefully, hope to see you there before the show. We truly hope that maybe we'll get lucky and see Melissa, Denis, & Johnny skate their fabulous "Sarabande Suite" (aka "Adam & Eve" free dance) at COI!

We should be there, Gail, I'll look for you at the usual spot or check your seat area if I don't see you by the escalators on 11th street side.

So far, this Nor'Easter isn't much more than steady rain, occassionally moderately heavy. There has been no wind out of the ordinary, yet anyway. We're leaving a little extra early so we can drive slowly if it should start a torrential downpour on our way.
A friend of mine heard the worst of this system is to start pulling out of the area around 3pm, which is perfect, as that is about the time the show will end.

I do hope Melissa & Denis will be there, I'd love to see them. There usually is a "suprise" at the show, one or two skaters not listed or advertised to be there...and of course, the "no shows" due to injury or previous obligations. But I know I'll enjoy the show...I always do. Not quite as much as SOI, but it's always a nice afternoon out enjoying the eligibles.

I LOVE my new camera! Even with fast action and low lighting, I got some decent video and photos at the Champions on Ice show today. Unfortunately, the camera focuses on what it sees, so everytime I got the TALL persons head in front of me, the camera blurred the action on the ice...
I have to work on the photos, but here is a link to the videos:
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v194/Patch57/Champions%20On%20Ice%20VIDEOS%204%2015%202007/

Was great to see you, Gail!!! Thankfully, the weather wasn't too bad! The weather newscasters were making it sound like it was going to be really horrid, but we made out okay.

Last edited:

iloveaxel

Match Penalty
I LOVE my new camera! Even with fast action and low lighting, I got some decent video and photos at the Champions on Ice show today. Unfortunately, the camera focuses on what it sees, so everytime I got the TALL persons head in front of me, the camera blurred the action on the ice...
I have to work on the photos, but here is a link to the videos:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v194/Patch57/Champions On Ice VIDEOS 4 15 2007/

Was great to see you, Gail!!! Thankfully, the weather wasn't too bad! The weather newscasters were making it sound like it was going to be really horrid, but we made out okay.

Thanks. But unfortunately I can see nothing. Is it a glitch or just me? can u load those videos to youtube?
:rock:

I re-did the link, try again....it took me all afternoon to load them to Photobucket so I hope everyone can get to them!

iloveaxel

Match Penalty
I re-did the link, try again....it took me all afternoon to load them to Photobucket so I hope everyone can get to them!

The links are okay. But every video I hit, there's only a blank/white screen, nothing really came out.

I'm wondering whether you need special computer configuration to play these videos? Wish you used youtube.

You don't know how ticked off I am.....
I downloaded THIRTY videos, used a stupid special program to condense the videos into 7 longer clips and it seems it didn't work, so DISREGARD the video link!!!
I'll have to start ALL OVER AGAIN!

iloveaxel

Match Penalty
You don't know how ticked off I am.....
I downloaded THIRTY videos, used a stupid special program to condense the videos into 7 longer clips and it seems it didn't work, so DISREGARD the video link!!!
I'll have to start ALL OVER AGAIN!

Sorry to hear about that!! But we really want to watch and reallly appreciate your work.

The show seemed lots of fun. Can you play the videos on your own computer? I suggest youtube in the future. :bow:

BTW, the new Alissa open clip (12s) does work. Are you uploading again??

Last edited:

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
I saw COI last April at the Hartford Collesium in Connecticut. The place was about 2/3 full and the cast put on a great show. Michelle was the last to skate, but I had been taking so many pictures that I only had 2 frames left for her. They came out pretty well though.

Michelle was not at Philly.

I re-did all the individual video clips but I think the link might be different, I don't know. Only one person was able to view the compiled ones. It was something new I tried...they have a feature there to merge several video clips into one, so that is what I did so there wouldn't be so many.

Yes, I can view the videos here on my computer with no problem from the picture program. And the newly done Photobucket album seems to work fine.

Okay--The SAME link I posted above takes you to the correct album with all the clips and they all seem to work! Sorry about all the confusion!!!

I have to stop working on editing the pictures now, my upper back is getting sore and it's late, so those will be posted sometime tomorrow.

Some other notes about the show: I loved that Irina Grigorian and Blesedin/Polishchuk did something a bit different this year with their performances.
I loved Sasha Cohen, Alissa Cizny, Kimmie Meisner and Shizuka Arakawa's programs AND their skating!
It was nice to see Shae Lynn Bourn.
Does Surya Bonaly ever stop smiling--that is what I remember most about her besides her backflip!
Evan Lysacek and Bryan Radley were enjoyable. Rudy Galindo is a perennial favorite of mine and my husbands.
Pang/Tong and Totmianina/Marinin's programs were beautiful.
I enjoyed Anisinna and Peizerat's somewhat light-hearted program a lot.
I did not like Tanith and Ben's program too much, though.

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Glad you had a good time Patch! Thanks for the photos and video! Really enjoyed it. Was that your voice saying "aww" when Kimmie fell in the opening? :biggrin:

Yeah, you could hear me and my DH throughout the videos "awwwing" or "woohing" or calling out a skaters name! My DH listened to the sound of the videos when we got home and felt embarassed!!! I'm just HAPPY he enjoygs the shows as much as I do!

Yes, the "H" is definitely for husband....it all depends on how my "H" is behaving what that "D" stands for, LOL!!!! Yesterday it was definitely for "dear" and "dynomite" and "devoted"! :love: Today I'm not sure! I hope unemployment doesn't last TOO long!;)