Joe Millionaire: Zorah over Sarah | Golden Skate

Joe Millionaire: Zorah over Sarah

R

rgirl181

Joe Millionaire: Zorah over Sarah

I didn't get into this show but I watched it a enough times to decide that Sarah was a b****. So what do folks think of JM's decision? What about the "twist"? Do you think Evan and Zorah will make a for real couple? What do you think is in store for these two?

I'm glad he didn't pick Sarah the b****. I loved the scene of Sarah trying to mouth b****y things to her friend, thinking the cameras couldn't see it (wrong:lol: ). I think Evan Marriott may be the one true breakthrough celebrity out of all these reality show. I expect to see Evan and Zorah on the Hollywood circuit for a while, although I doubt they will last. The original "Bachelor" dumped his TV beloved, and they swore up and down for months that they were crazy about each other.

I wonder how the show would have turned out though if they had chosen a schlubby guy to be Joe Millionaire? I bet anything that all those women would have seen him as a real catch as long as they thought he had $50 million bucks, but the minute they found out he was broke, not one of them would have stayed around.
Rgirl

L

lottafs

Re: Joe Millionaire: Zorah over Sarah

Zorah, Sarah. Sarah, Zorah. Hmm... interesting duo of names.

D

Dee4707

Rgirl181, what does "schlubby" mean?

Dee

J

Jules Asner

I don't think "Joe" was much of a catch, 50 million or not, but at least he made a good choice in Zora. She was the very best of a very bad bunch!! I'm glad she's getting $500,000 - she deserves it for having to live with a bunch of *sounds like witches* for a month!

D

Dee4707

Jules, I even think she deserved more than $500,000 for putting up with all those, as you say, "witches."

Dee

S

sk8m8

Unless the "bio" piece they did on Zora was total whitewashed I say give her the money. Someone that is so totally devoted to the welfare is adirable. I loved the story of her wanting to sell the necklace for her aunt's medical treatment. If Evan doesn't latch on to her, he's the big loser.

I have a feeling that JM may be the only authentic celebrity to come out of the this pack of reality detretis and dross. He seems to have the "it" factor. I can see him doing well on any number of 'non-entertainment" shows. He has a real prescence and self-confidence.

E

elliebea

The Joe Millionaire Irony

Yeah okay, the purpose of this whole charade was to get these women viciously competing while salivating over the phoney millions and exposing their crass, money-grubbing natures. Right?

So, surprise, surprise, the guy up and choses the 'good' girl, the moral humanitarian of a girl, the one who doesn't really care about money, and HE gets rewarded! When Zora appeared in the 'ballroom' so glamorously beaming forth her unconditional acceptance of him IN SPITE of the lie, ol' JOE MIL smiled big and all, but . . . NOWHERE near like he did when he saw that check! Evan was the one to mentally divide that money into His and Hers, rather than 'ours.' HE WAS THE CRASS, MONEY-GRUBBER!

Does anyone else suspect that his 'choice' was influenced to exactly produce THAT fairytale ending?

J

Jules Asner

Re: The Joe Millionaire Irony

I think "Joe" knew Sarah would run for her life once he disclosed the amount of money actually in his bank account. Zora's a good girl - I don't think her and "Joe" will wind up together but at least she was willing to give him a shot. She's a good gal and he seems like a nice enough fella, althouth I think Zora needs someone who can give her more stimulating conversation.

D

Dee4707

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>althouth I think Zora needs someone who can give her more stimulating conversation.[/quote]
Or some conversation. :rollin: :rollin: :rollin: :rollin:
Dee

L

Lcp88

Personally, I liked Sarah, but Zora had more of that "I'm a nature girl, Money doesn't matter to me, ect." effect that I think Evan wanted or pretended to like. She seemed pretty distant to me, but maybe she just didn't like the camera's.
At least he didn't pick that B**** "MoJo":rolleyes:
Laura

R

rgirl181

Dee,
"Schlubby" would generally be a short, overweight, balding guy, but it can also mean any "unbeautiful," "uncool"-looking person. The Osbourne kids would be schlubby if they weren't the Osbourne kids.

Sk8m8,
"Reality TV dross and detritus." Great phrase! That describes it exactly. And ITA, I think JM has the "it" factor that may allow him to break into the celebrity ranks. I can't see him acting, but I can see him being an "entertainment" reporter or some such gig where he mostly just has to look good and not say much.
Rgirl

H

heyang

I agree with Rgirl. Last night was the 1st time I tuned in. I decided to watch after seeing his appearance on the Caroline Rhea show and thought he seemed like a genuine kind of guy. Could definitely see him doing spots on Entertainment Tonight.

S

SkatingFantasy

Joe Millionaire

I had a feeling that Evan would pick Zorah just for the fact that she was being so distant and mysterious and she was a challenge to him, he wanted to win her over but she was making it hard on him,so I think he went for her because she was a challenge to him (and she wasn't a money grubber like Sarah)