Reasons the English Language is Hard to Learn

M

mmandel

Reasons the English Language is Hard to Learn

Figure Skater's Website www.sk8stuff.com

<strong>Reasons the English Language is Hard to Learn</strong>

The bandage was wound around the wound.
The farm was used to produce produce.
The dump was so full that it had to refuse more refuse.
We must polish the Polish furniture.
He could lead if he would get the lead out.
The soldier decided to desert his dessert in the desert.
Since there is no time like the present, he thought it was time to present the present.
A bass was painted on the head of the bass drum.
When shot at, the dove dove into the bushes.
I did not object to the object.
The insurance was invalid for the invalid.
There was a row among the oarsmen about how to row.
They were too close to the door to close it.
The buck does funny things when the does are present.
A seamstress and a sewer fell down into a sewer line.
To help with planting, the farmer taught his sow to sow.
The wind was too strong to wind the sail.
After a number of injections my jaw got number.
Upon seeing the tear in the painting I shed a tear.
I had to subject the subject to a series of tests.
How can I intimate this to my most intimate friend?

K

Kara Bear

Re: Reasons the English Language is Hard to Learn

those are great

its gets me thinking off topic...is there anyone who speaks multiple languages????

i speak a very poor french...how bout everyone else?????

M

mmandel

I speak poor German.

G

Grgranny

I only speak lousy english, :lol:

K

Kzarah

We speak English, French, Spanish and American Sign Language. I don't speak French, Spanish nor ASL very often so it usually takes me a week or two to be comfortable with these languages.
Daniel and Little Lulu

J

Jules Asner

kzarah, where did you learn sign language? I'm thinking of taking lessons in a few years. this year I will continue with basic french (soon I hope) and either basic italian or spanish (for a trip). which language is your favorite? Mine is Italian, but I also love French but find it tres difficile! (compared to Italian)

M

mathman444

I just learned a new word on Martha Stewart: Pantyho. This is one leg of a pair of pantyhose.

MM

G

Grgranny

I sure never thought you would be watching Martha.
:rollin:

T

THIZfiyaVIETgrl

those were funny.

I speak Vietnamese.

K

Kzarah

Jules Asner
I learned ASL , (American Sign Language) when I was a little boy of about 7 years old. A neighbor lady was deaf. She attended an oral school, (oral schools are schools that teach lip reading and speach to deaf as oppossed to a manual school that teaches total communication which is lip reading speach and sign language.) Julie, the deaf lady, learned sign language from her husband who had gone to a manual school. I told her that I wanted to learn sign language so she taught me. Julie tutored deaf children in math and science. They would go to her house for tutoring and after their lessons we would play together. We had a Hearing and Speach Center in my home town. There, hearing parents of deaf children would study sign language. They would bring their children with them and while their parents were learning ASL, I would play with their deaf children. There was a shortage of hearing people who know ASL in our community. When, I was 14 years old I began to work as an ASL interpreter. I did this until I was 23. Then, I moved to California. Throughout my life many of my friends were deaf. There was a time in my life when all of my friends were deaf. So, I guess you could say that I am bi-ultural and that ASL is my second language. Continue with French. French is my favorite language. I rarely use it so I have lost a lot, but it is easy to brush-up.
Daniel and Little Lulu

J

Jules Asner

Kzarah, that's wonderful. I don't know anyone who is deaf but for some reason I've always been interested in sign language and braille and wondered if I could learn. I found some schools that give sign language for adults but they all seem to have only 2 semesters worth (probably meeting only once or twice a week for 4 months) so I guess they just teach you the basics and the rest you do on your own. At any rate, I will probably try it in a few years if I can ever improve in French.