Jennifer Kirk finds new life in broadcasting (Article) | Golden Skate

Jennifer Kirk finds new life in broadcasting (Article)

FSOWebmaster

On the Ice
http://figureskatersonline.com/news_05182007_kirk.html

The two-time World team member turned talk show host recently sat down with Figure Skaters Online to discuss how her life has changed since she hung up her skates almost two years ago.

Now, how did the idea for the show come about?

I was watching different shows on YouTube one day when the idea came to me. David is an actor and I thought it would be great practice for the both of us to put ourselves out there in front of a camera on a weekly basis.

Are you still involved with skating?

I'm not involved in the sport anymore. I did coach a little bit after I quit skating, but I think it was really important for me to just take a total break from the sport. Skating was my whole life—really my identity for so long that in order to find out who I truly was as a person, and not just an athlete. I had to distance myself for a while to find new passions outside of the sport.

Last edited:

R.D.

Record Breaker
Thanks, was about to post this myself lol. Very interesting. I wonder if she's aware of the NBC deal and that she could probably try out for their US Nats broadcast team if she really wanted to (or must they make her an offer first?). Then again, it's likely they might want someone with more experience...(oh wait, they wanted Kwan...nevermind :laugh: )

Last edited:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
i miss Jenny in skating :cry:, but I'm glad that she is very happy with her current life and aspirations. ;)

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Jenny Kirk's new life

Wow - thanks for the great interview. Jenny's short program in Atlanta was spectacular. I'm so happy she has found a wonderful new life for herself. I'll have to check out youtube to see her show. Thanks for the update and best wishes to Jenny.

Maureen

I wonder if she's aware of the NBC deal and that she could probably try out for their US Nats broadcast team if she really wanted to (or must they make her an offer first?).
They should hire Jenny to do the fluff pieces on Tanith and Evan.

R.D.

Record Breaker
...that is, if they're still together by then! :laugh:

ESPN made a fairly large production out of that couple, lol.

Jhar55

Medalist
Someone should snag her to do some behind the scenes interviews from what I saw on her YouTube gig she has a very pleasent soft voice.

IDLERACER

Medalist
Click HERE. I don't really understand this. :think: They appear to be sitting in somebody's apartment, with occasional canned laughter, applause and sound effects overdubbed (very sloppily I might add). This could literally be anybody who just loaded a goofy amateurish video on to YouTube. The only thing that makes it novel is that it's Jenny Kirk interviewing Jennifer Don.

Anyhow, I'm glad they're back here in SoCal. I wonder if she still drives that metallic blue Volvo.