Teenagers | Golden Skate

Teenagers

D

dlksk8fan

Teenagers

My youngest is 13yrs old today. No more babies at home. Everyone is growing up and making me feel old. (At least I'm not a grandma yet:lol: )

M

mmandel

Re: Teenagers

My youngest 11 years old (5th grade) and my oldest 13 years old (8th grade). Yah!...2010 is just around the corner. :lol: I'm 37 yrs old now, and in 2010 I'll be 44 years old. What do you consider old? :lol:

D

dlksk8fan

When my youngest graduates high school it will be in 2008. I will be 49 years old:eek: 50 will be just around the corner!

M

mmandel

We're still "Spring Chickens" and will be at that time. Now...let's talk 70 or 80 years old. Yikes! :lol:

M

megsk8z

My oldest is 20 and my youngest is 10 in less than 2 weeks.
The way I see it, the older I get, the less "old" 50 is. I've got less than 4 years left, so I'm revising my thinking to 65 being officially old.
Although I have noticed than having an almost 10 year old girl is aging me a whole lot faster than a boy of that same age. Maybe it's the perfect Eye Roll she does.

G

Grgranny

Yeah, yikes. My youngest will be 43 next month and my oldest is 53. So quit complaining and think about us really decrepit ones. :rollin: I have three great-
grandchildren. Now, talk about being old.
I've always thought of old as being older than your mother.

M

mmandel

GRGRANNY, you made me laugh! Thanks :lol: :rollin:

G

Grgranny

What makes me irritated is when the newspapers, tv, etc. call us elderly. I think elderly is over 80. 80 year olds probably think it is 90. I'm 73.

M

mmandel

Actually GRGRANNY, I spent the last 5 years as Director of Nursing at Nursing homes and recently 3.5 years as a Director of Resident Services of an Independent/Assisted Living Retirement Community. Such wonderful people that live there. They were vibrant and full of life. Age only matters, if you make it matter. I get along with people older than 50 better than people under 50. Besides, I see posters that are old enough to be my child. But, we all have skating in common, we feel comfortable with each other, and we love this forum. Age doesn't matter! :D

M

mmandel

OMG :eek: ...trust me when I say "Your definately not old." :rollin:

G

Grgranny

lottafs, does that mean every muscle in your body aches and you are so tired you can hardly move and you can't remember anything? You look for something you just put down and it belongs in the bathroom and you find it in the refrigerator? You were supposed to go to choir practice but you forgot. Of course, I am exaggerating but it ain't funny. :cool:

S

Show 42

GrGranny, you know what they say, "You're as young as you feel".......wow....sometimes I feel at least a hundred. Anyway, my baby is 19 and my oldest is 23. They are both working and going to school.....and are still living at home and I love it!!!! They went from grouchy teenagers to terrific adults.......42

R

rgirl181

Lottafs,
I think you can be 17 and genuinely feel old, and I mean physically. Studies have shown that teenagers need more sleep than previously thought, about 10 hours a night, because of the growth factors and physiologic changes. The hormonal changes alone will wear anyone out. Also, the emotional extremes teenagers go through, which are mediated by hormonal, neurological, and other physiologic factors, are very stressful. A teenager can have almost manic energy one minute and then can't get off the couch. Of course there are incredibly wonderful things to being young and spry, with a strong resilient body. Although it's nothing like being in your 7th or 8th decade when joints break down and bladders don't hold, being a teenager can definitely be tough in its own way. Every age group has its challenges. So get enough sleep, eat right (cut out sugar, up the veggies, and drink lots of water is my best advice), and find an understanding ear to hear you out when you need it.
Rgirl