Jennifer Rhule Stockton...Inspiring! | Golden Skate

Jennifer Rhule Stockton...Inspiring!

L

Ladskater

Re: Jennifer Rhule Stockton...Inspiring!

Piel:

Thanks for the article! I don't share this with many, but my ex-husband is blind from childhood diabetes. I can really relate to this story. What courage this woman has! It's a very inspiring story. Legally blind means one cannot make out the large E on the chart. It's great to hear such encouraging accounts.

Ladskater

R

RealtorGal

<span style="color:navy;font-family:georgia;font-size:small;">Thanks for sharing! That was so inspiring.</span>

S

sk8ing lady2001

Thanks for showing us the links! That was amazing! :)

H

heyang

Wow. Just reminds some of us that our lives are not as challenged.

P

Piel

Jennifer was a pairs skater according to an article from The Charleston Gazette published 5/7/89. Before resuming skating she tried skiing.

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Last March Rhule took time off from her studies at WV Wesleyen College to join her old ice skating partner, Robbie Baker, formerly of Charleston, to gain two bronze medals in slaloms at Vail. Jennifer and Robbie were together for six years as an ice skating team and had reached national prominence in 1979[/quote]

She has also done a lot of advocacy work for those who have suffered head injuries.

Piel