2007-2008 Disson Show Information | Golden Skate

2007-2008 Disson Show Information

Teenes

On the Ice
Got some information on the Disson shows for the upcoming season (what's available so far, more info to come).

Kristi Yamaguchi Friends and Family
Sep 29, 2007
US Airways Arena
Phoenix, AZ
Guests: The Cheetah Girls and Corbin Bleu
TV Date: 11/25/07, 4-6PM EST, NBC
Tickets on sale June 16

Kurt Browning's Gotta Skate VII
Oct. 10, 2007
Hersey Arena
Mississauga, ON
Guests: Temptations, Boyz II Men
TV Date: 11/11/07, 4-6PM EST, NBC

Skating & Gymnastics Spectacular
Oct. 14, 2007
Ford Center
Oklahoma City, OK
Guests: Lang Lang
TV Date: TBD

Skate for the Heart
Oct. 27, 2007
Mohegan Sun
Uncasville, CT
Guests: Celtic Woman
TV Date: 1/13/08, 4-6PM EST, NBC

Holiday Celebration on Ice
Nov. 6, 2007
Orleans Arena
Las Vegas, NV
Guests: Clay Aiken
TV Date: 12/25/07, 2:30-4:30PM EST, NBC

Fashion on Ice
Nov. 17, 2007
Boardwalk Hall
Atlantic City, NJ
Guests: Sarah Brightman
TV Date: 1/20/08, 4-6PM EST, NBC

Wynonna Tribute on Ice
Nov. 20, 2007
Sears Centre
Chicago, IL
Guests: Wynonna Judd & Naomi Judd
TV Date: 12/23/07, 4-6PM EST, NBC

Brian Boitano Skating Spectacular
Dec. 5, 2007
AT&T Park (outdoor show)
San Francisco, CA
Guests: Barry Manilow
TV Date: 12/22/07, 4-6PM EST, NBC

Country on Ice
Dec. 13, 2007
Target Center
Minneapolis, MN
Guests: Sara Evans
TV Date: 1/1/08, 3-5PM EST, NBC

Got a bit more info (hosts, mostly) on my website:
http://www.kurtfiles.com/events0708.php

No cast info yet.

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Thanks Tina! Odd that Brian's show isn't New Year's Day this year, with Country on Ice getting that timeslot instead. Looking forward to hearing the casts!

mememe

On the Ice
I notice Kristi is again "hosting" her own show -- does anyone know if she'll be skating, too? I hope so!

ETA: Thanks, Teenes, for the info.

sillylionlove

Medalist
Thanks for the info.

Might have to check out Fashion on Ice since I am only 45 minutes from Atlantic City

R.D.

Record Breaker
Skating & Gymnastics Spectacular
Oct. 14, 2007
Ford Center
Oklahoma City, OK
Guests: Lang Lang
TV Date: TBD

According to Heather's TV schedule this is airing on NBC Oct. 27th (Saturday) from 4-6pm ET.

Teenes

On the Ice
I was given two possible TV dates for the Skating & Gymnastics show (and I got the info yesterday), which is why I put it as TBD. They seem to still be hammering down some details.

Teenes

On the Ice
Sorry for the delayed response, lost track of this thread for a while.

The Disson site is now showing the airdate of the Skating and Gymnastics show as Jan. 6, 2008 from 4-6PM EST on NBC.

Cast lists for Kristi's show, Kurt's show, the Skate for the Heart show, and the Skating and Gymnastics show have all been posted on the Disson site.
http://www.dissonskating.com (Click on "Our Events")

Kristi is listed as both a skater and a host for her show. Kurt, on the other hand, is only listed as a host for Kristi's show, not a skater. Wish he'd skate...

R.D.

Record Breaker
Went to the website and there are only nine events listed (there were originally 10 on the TV schedule)...looks like they might have canceled one of them. Also, seems like the bulk of them will be airing around Christmas and New Years.

Last edited:

FSOWebmaster

On the Ice
Although he is not yet included on the event pages, Evan Lysacek will skate in Kurt Browning's show as well as Fashion on Ice.

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Kristi is listed as both a skater and a host for her show. Kurt, on the other hand, is only listed as a host for Kristi's show, not a skater. Wish he'd skate...

Remember Teenes, he hosted Kristi's second Skates of Gold show and was listed as host only, but skated a number at the end of the show...so who knows?

Teenes

On the Ice
Actually, Evan's already listed on the event page for Gotta Skate.

Red Dog - one of the events is in question and is not yet confirmed so it's not on their site or mine. They seem to be airing 2 in November, 3 right around Christmas, one on New Year's Day, and then once a week for the rest of January.

purplecat - yeah I remember, and while I liked Moon River, it wasn't a particularly long program. It was nice to see him do it, though, and skate in the finale. Hopefully he'll do at least that much for Kristi's show this time around.

Teenes

On the Ice
Yup, it seems that the decision was made not to do the 10th show this year. Instead, they're re-airing Halloween on Ice from last year in that Oct. 27 slot. But it's not just a straight out re-airing of last year's broadcast - they're expanding the show from 1.5 hours (which only aired on Style anyway since IIRC, the NBC broadcast was chopped up due to NASCAR running over) to 2 hours, and including additional footage of the numbers that were cut from last year's broadcast. So we get to see the stuff that never got aired anywhere, along with letting those who don't get the Style Network see the stuff that never made it to the NBC broadcast. It was a good show, so be sure to tune in!

The rebroadcast dates:
Oct. 27, 2007, 4-6PM EST, NBC
Oct. 28, 2007, 10AM-noon, Style Network
Oct. 31, 2007, 5-7PM, Style Network

Oh, btw - the cast lists are all up now:
http://www.dissonskating.com/our_events/07_shows/2007_index.htm