A Request...for anyone with a DVD recorder and access to cable | Golden Skate

A Request...for anyone with a DVD recorder and access to cable

R.D.

Record Breaker
I'm not quite sure where to put this, but...depending on things, it may be more convenient for me to forego cable TV when I move in to my new dorm and just get signals off the air (in HD). I wonder if someone with access to cable and who has a DVD recorder would be willing to send me whatever skating programs are shown on ESPN next season...I'll cover shipping and disc costs. That would be the only reason to get cable, and I no longer think spending $40+ per month *just for ESPN* is justified, judging by how much cable TV I watched last year. The only thing I watched, really, were the skating programs on ESPN.

So...would anyone be willing to do this for me? I know I'm asking a lot...but I'd be more than willing to pay for it (if the price is reasonable, lol). I would just need the ESPN telecasts...I'll be able to get NBC in HD off the air with my new antenna/USB TV combo. Hopefully they'll put some skating on ABC as well.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I would Dog, but I am thinking of the issue I am having regarding the recording. All skating events have had a shaky background this year when burring. And Only burning.???? Playback thru to TV is fine, but when I record I am having issues only with skating. I changed the FPS when going to DVD and it only slightly helped. Something I am looking into, so don't count me out for helping you just yet. It could be..... a few different things but have not spent to much time worrying about it. We have Shared before via servers, so that could be an answer too. But you and your nitpicky HD quality;) (I agree) might also be a deeming factor. We'll see when the time comes eh? I enjoy Cartoon Network, History, TLC, and Fit TV so I will be pandering to continue my subscription. But also thinking of Ice Network subscription as well. Anyhoo, want to help but we'll see if I can.

SeaniBu

Stage 6 might come to the rescue.

Thoughts????

R.D.

Record Breaker
Thanks, Sean- we'll have to see how things unfold...and more importantly, the TV schedule is available. I take it that the GP events, 4CC and Worlds will be covered by ESPN and it would be great to have a recording better than what's on Youtube. Maybe I'll bring this up closer to when the time comes...