Envoy Kwan heading to Russia | Golden Skate

Envoy Kwan heading to Russia

feraina

Record Breaker
Sounds like life is going really great for her with schooling and traveling and exercising. Interesting comment about not having found a husband -- guess things aren't going so well with her boyfriend, if they're still together. Here's a thought, Michelle Kwan for U.S. President! First female president, and first former competitive figure skater. :p

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
I wonder what she and Irina will be discussing. Potential return to competition? (Katya Gordeeva returned after giving birth -- why not Irina?)

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
nice article thanks!!! i think that she and irian will just be catching up on chit chat.. now that they are no longer rivals i am sure they are friends.

Thanks for the post, Sandee. Great article. Interesting bit about being "out of shape mentally." It sounds like she is really getting into the education thing. Also the envoy thing. :rock:

Talk about a goal-oriented person. If she can't skate, how about a nice 26-mile run?

Trivia: The President of Kalmykia, where Michelle will visit, is also the president of the International Chess Federation. Chess is big there.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Trivia: The President of Kalmykia, where Michelle will visit, is also the president of the International Chess Federation. Chess is big there.
Yeah, there was a fascinating article on him in the New Yorker a few months back. Of course, what he did to World chess is waaaaay worse than anything Speedy ever tried to do to figure skating (though now that I think about it the goals are identical).

gio

Medalist
i think that she and irian will just be catching up on chit chat.. now that they are no longer rivals i am sure they are friends.

They were always friends, not really rivals. Don't you remember the kisses, the smiles? It was genuine, not just diplomatic! Totentanz was choosen on purpose by both for the SP. It wasn't a coincidence IMO.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Thanks for the link. Michelle has so much going on in her life, she does not have time to miss skating. It would be nice to see photos of her and Irina together in Russia..

Alsace

On the Ice
10 credit hours in the summer!

I'm taking eleven, and I'm not trying to go overseas! Go Kwan!