A group of foreign skaters asks Alexei Mishin for help | Golden Skate

A group of foreign skaters asks Alexei Mishin for help

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
http://sportcom.ru/sport/figurkat/news46726fce.htm

As IA "Sportcom" found out, a distinguished Russian coach Alexei Mishin was recently approached by several famous foreign skaters. The telegrams came, among others, from the World champion the Swiss Stephane Lambiel, his compatriot Sarah Meier, European medalist Italian Carolina Kostner, as well as from the head coach of the German team, asking that Mishin advise four German singles skaters including their leader Stefan Lindemann. Some of the aforementioned skaters, including Kostner, want to attend Alexei Mishin's training camp that will begin July 6th in Spain, whereas others want to attend the one in August in USA.

Victor AFANASIEV, IA "Sportcom"

Sylvia

Record Breaker
I know Carolina Kostner has worked with Mishin before (when he was in St. Paul, Minn. last June), and I vaguely recall that Lambiel and/or Lindemann may have done so at some point as well.

Sandra_persch

On the Ice
Just to give a bit more background.

Last December five German man (Stefan Lindemann, Philipp Tischendorf, Tobias Bayer, Clemens Brummer and Martin Liebers) attended a one week training camp with Mishin.

Philipp afterwards stated that he was very impressed and would love to attend a similar training camp again. Some for Stefan!

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Yes, Lambiel has been attending Mishin's camps for years now.

antmanb

Record Breaker
Mishin does many training camps all over the world, often to help skaters with their jumps. He's come to the UK on several occassions and trained a pack of the elite men on the triple axel and quad.

Ant

Ximena

Final Flight
Just to clear up something the one in Spain starts in August 6th, not july.
As far as I can remember, Mishin has worked (at least in Spain) with Carolina, Stephane and Chiper there. I think Stephane said something along the lines that Mishin was the one who made him land quads.
Oh I have they go, because usually videos from Spains shows up and to see the early training of Stephane, Caro and Plush is always a plus for me.

Zanzibar

Final Flight
I'm not sure that Mishin has any summer plans for St. Paul, Minnesota although he was here last summer in June. I'll find out if he's coming to town..because if he is, he is one fun dining companion....but this time Mr. Mishin the champagne and shasliks are on me! He's also a dog lover, so it was fun to find we had that in common. :rock:

Ximena

Final Flight
I think Mishin has finished his US seminar tour, from an interview taken to his wife, she said Mishin was in New Jersey for two weeks; and I also read he was in Florida in May.

He's also a dog lover, so it was fun to find we had that in common
His dog is Eva who was a gift from Plushenko when Mr. Mishin turned 60. There's a video of the moment he gave him the puppy. Not a puppy anymore, in a video from a little less than two years, Evan showed up again, huge dog!

I'm not sure that Mishin has any summer plans for St. Paul, Minnesota although he was here last summer in June. I'll find out if he's coming to town..because if he is, he is one fun dining companion....but this time Mr. Mishin the champagne and shasliks are on me! He's also a dog lover, so it was fun to find we had that in common. :rock:
I want your life! :yes: (I'm going to start by taking pilot lessons :) ).

Ximena

Final Flight
In an interview published today to Mishin from www.kp.ru he is asked if he is going to train Lambiel as was planned before and Mishin said that when he knew that Evgeni decided to come back, he refused working with Lambiel.

I don't know if this means the training camp in Jaca this August or it was about something at least I heard months ago that was that Lambiel wanted to move to Petersburg to train full time with Mishin, but Mishin (at that time) said he couldn't answer Lambiel because Plushenko had not made his mind yet.

Hiara80

On the Ice
Caro Kostner attended 2 Mishin's camp last year but i did'n know if she will does it again, her official web-site don't say anything about that.
I hope she will because after Mishin's camp she improved a lot, this year she was wonderful!

i wonder if Mr Mishin could give me some skating lessons......:rofl::rofl::rofl: i'm really awful as skater:chorus: