Juniors: Mirai Nagasu vs. Rachael Flatt | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Juniors: Mirai Nagasu vs. Rachael Flatt

Sylvia

Record Breaker
According to USFS envelope information, "B" and "C" envelope skaters will have to choose a monitoring or competition readiness event before they go out on their SGP or JGP events. So, it is very likely both girls [Nagasu and Zhang] will do some sort of competition, most likely in southern CA as they have rarely traveled outside of their region for summer club events.
Nagasu competed in two club competitions in August last summer, but will have to choose an earlier club competition this year because one of those monitoring competitions (Golden West) is the same weekend as the Lake Placid JGP where she is assigned. I closely follow summer club competitions across the USA, and will let people know if I hear or find out which summer monitoring competition Nagasu and Zhang plan to do. Flatt's next summer competition will be at Liberty in Aston, PA next month.

BeBe Liang and Katy Taylor went to Nebelhorn and finished first and third, respectively; Megan Williams-Stewart won Nepela. In the club competitions, Christine Zukowski won Midlantics and BeBe won GoldenWest, while Williams-Stewart was 3rd at Liberty.

The only Senior top 10 ladies from '06 Nationals who didn't do preparatory comps were the "A" envelope ladies, Hughes and Meissner, and Alissa Czisny. Corwin retired, Rosenthal opted not to compete while in college, and Cohen took off 2 years.
FYI last summer Czisny was monitored at Skate Detroit and competed at the DuPage Open near Chicago, while Stephanie Rosenthal competed at the Silicon Valley Open (before she went off to Yale).

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
We will be at Liberty this next month-I'll see whether we can manage to get you videos of Flatt again.

(BTW, last year at Liberty, I was not conscious of Flatt skating either slow or small.)

It's worth remembering moreover, that Flatt seemed (at least to me) to grow a lot last year and still managed to improve. The puberty monster has yet to hit Nagisu and Zhang. Of course, they may, like Lipinski, stay tiny forever.

Doris - I checked that Liberty Home Page and the schedule is the most confusing thing I've ever read.

I believe there are no Seniors involved and Finals of the Juniors and Intermediates are not clear.

Joe

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
http://www.libertyskating.org/LibertyNews.html

It's a bit confusing. They have 3 rinks, all with competitions at the same time. The higher level groups seems to be in Rink 2 betweenThursday and Saturday.

On Thursday, Rink2, is the Senior Pairs SP (7 pairs competing)

On Friday, Rink2, there are 44 Senior ladies, competing in 2 groups in the SP, and 18 Sr men SP, and 6 Sr Pairs in the LP in Rink2 on Friday.

On Saturday in Rink2, they have the Sr. Ladies LPs, in 2 groups, the Sr men's final, the Jr. Ladies Final, and the Sr. Men's final.

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Question for the mods: Should a new thread for any and all questions/info related to the 2007 Liberty Summer Competition next month be started in the Announcements forum (since the schedule is an external link to the club site) or here in The Edge? TIA.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Doris - I checked that Liberty Home Page and the schedule is the most confusing thing I've ever read.

I believe there are no Seniors involved and Finals of the Juniors and Intermediates are not clear.

Joe

Look at the BLUE schedules, Joe. Most of the major events are in Rink 2.

Question for the mods: Should a new thread for any and all questions/info related to the 2007 Liberty Summer Competition next month be started in the Announcements forum (since the schedule is an external link to the club site) or here in The Edge? TIA.
I vote for the Edge. :cool: