Champs Camp | Golden Skate

Champs Camp

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Has Kimmie's hair always been that long?
Yep. (ETA: I've seen both her hair and Alissa's even longer than this, too! ;))

wow. we have cute skaters. who's brent?
Brent Bommentre, 4th in Senior dance with Kim Navarro.

It's a great barbecue. Wish I was there, but what is this really all about?
It's explained in the first link posted in this thread. :) The last time USFS held something like this was back in 2004, I believe.

Last edited:

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
It's a great barbecue. Wish I was there, but what is this really all about?

Joe

"Presentations were also given on nutrition, career services, planning, performance enhancement and tracking, funding, travel, doping and insurance."

They talk about doping? I guess the skaters need to know how to do it right. :biggrin:

I don't think Naomi is pregnant, it's just the way that loose shirt hangs on her. She does have muscular legs though.

Kypma

Final Flight
... or photos from the Marshall's Challenge in the fall of 2006. She has her hair down for both performances.

Kypma

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks for the link and pictures. We've been to the OTC in Colorado Springs. It's a pretty neat place (saw a bronze (?) statue of Paul Wylie :love: doing a stag (?) jump) in a beautiful setting.

Caroline Zhang is a cute as a button. :clap: Brent is very handsome too! :)

Last edited:
I'm with Joe on this one, LOL. I cannot tell from the article what exactly the point of this excercise was. To tell the skaters things they already know, like say no to drugs, do off-ice exercises for flexibiltity, here are the new CoP rules?

It looks to me like just a fun outing, like, hey, let's get the gang together and kick off the new season. Go team!

(Not that I'm complaining. Go team! :) )

emma

Record Breaker
From the brief description, this sounds like it could be fun and exciting and even a good learning experience for the younger skaters - but also like a distraction and unnecessary interruption for the more seasoned ones (with the exception, perhaps, of Tanith and Evan -- maybe they were like 'Yippy' we get to visit again so soon....!!).

Caroline is too cute in these pictures; and appears to be quite the center of the camera attention....i wonder if there is a message there??