So You Think You Can Dance - Anyone Watching?? | Golden Skate

So You Think You Can Dance - Anyone Watching??

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am totally enjoying this year's comp. Does anyone else think Pasha's has the best form?? Just wondering if Jessie's doing better.

I absolutely loved Hok & Jamie's routine. It was beautiful!!!

Dee

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
I am totally enjoying this year's comp. Does anyone else think Pasha's has the best form?? Just wondering if Jessie's doing better.

I absolutely loved Hok & Jamie's routine. It was beautiful!!!

Dee
I'm watching!!! And I love me some Pasha!!!! I couldn't understand how he and Jessi landed in the bottom 3 last week - I loved their jazz bird dance so much I bought the song off of iTunes. I should have voted!!!!

Of course, I voted for him/them as much as I could last night.... He did a great job under the circumstances. I do hope Jessi is fine - even if she is unable to rejoin the competition.

Agree with you about Hok & Jamie's routine.

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I love this show, just as much as American Idol in fact. My personal pick is Sabre. I think they need to lean towards a female to win this year. She's not my fav, though. I love Jesu's dancing........42

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm in Central Standard Time so the show is on right now. Shocker, shocker!!! :yes: :yes:Almost everyone is soooooo good, it's hard to say who should go.

Dee

julietvalcouer

Final Flight
I love me some Pasha, but would be beside myself if he and Anya ever got paired (it will NEVER HAPPEN, I'm sure. Though if htey did, and drew cha cha, rhumba, samba, paso doble, or jive, I'd be giddy. They're something like #6 in the US and made top thirty in pro Latin at Blackpool which is EXCELLENT for Americans. Which is why I'm sure the judges will never let them anywhere near each other during this.)

Little peeved at Melanie being referred to as "Tony's assistant,", though. Yeesh. (She is Tony's former professional partner and US Latin champion. Also they are technically Pasha and Anya's bosses as P/A teach at their studio.)

This week: whoever voted to keep Cedric and Shauna out of the bottom three must be beaten. That was AWFUL. Couldn't have been a worse routine if Mia really were trying to throw Cedric under the bus. Basically, Cedric sits and cries, while Shauna has spastic fits. It's routines like these that make me refuse to take contemporary seriously.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I'm watching

I missed it while away on vacation so I feel a bit lost

did Benji's sister make it through, and is she still in it? What is her name? lol

and I agree that Hok and partner were fab last night. the only one that kept my interest all the way through.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I am devastated. I forgot it was on and didn't tape it yesterday. Was gone. Did see it tonight and always enjoy it no matter what. Too bad about Jesse. Wondered if she did badly because she was sick and weak and hadn't been able to practice that much.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
did Benji's sister make it through, and is she still in it? What is her name?
Lacy - she is in, and she is fabulous. I think she is one of the strongest girls this season. She has both technique AND a great personality.

I can't believe Anya and Danny were in the bottom 3 last night! Danny is certainly one of my favorite guys there. Oh, and Jessie absolutely broke my heart - she was so upset, and when she said what she'd most miss about the show was Pasha... (not that I think the judges were wrong here).

Also they are technically Pasha and Anya's bosses as P/A teach at their studio.
That's very interesting! No wonder that wasn't mentioned - it just doesn't sound very kosher to have a choreographer with a preexisting relationship with one (or two) of the contestants.

This week: whoever voted to keep Cedric and Shauna out of the bottom three must be beaten.
ITA!

Last edited:

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
She's not my fav, though. I love Jesu's dancing........42
I can't believe they kept Cedric over Jesús. Don't get me wrong, I think Cedric is a nice guy but Jesús can dance circles around him.

Dee

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I'm just wondering if the judges or whoever are trying to keep a controversy going to boost ratings and votes? It worked this season during AI with Sanjai (sp). By playing the sympathy card with Cedric, they are pulling in votes and media/audience attention...........sad, though. 42

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Alright, who did Lacy dance with this week???? lol I can't picture her at all LOL

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I watched reruns of last years show and just thought Benji was fabulous. I have not watched it much this time. I did not really get into the show last year until seeing Benji do a routine with his cousin. So his sister is this one? Hmm...maybe I will tune in.

heyang

Record Breaker
I watched reruns of last years show and just thought Benji was fabulous. I have not watched it much this time. I did not really get into the show last year until seeing Benji do a routine with his cousin. So his sister is this one? Hmm...maybe I will tune in.

there are a lot of sibs to season 2.

Lacey is Benji's little sister. She was too young to audition last year and he promised to audition with her this year if he made it through last year. Yes, he did partner her at her LA audition.

Faina who was eliminated last week was the sister of Stanislov from season 2. He also partnered her during her audition in NY. He made the top 20, but was eliminated with his partner Joy during the 1st week of competition.

Danny is the adopted brother of Travis Wall, last year's 2nd place. He's definitely a great technical dancer. The judges said something about his arrogance during Las Vegas, but it hasn't been evidenced until perhaps this week. He made no attempt to hug Cedric and Shauna until he realized the camera was on them, perhaps he was shocked though. I also thought it was odd that he couldn't stop laughing when Nigel was 'comforting' them. I did think that he and Anya deserved to be in the bottom 3 this week. The other dance teams have grown a lot more and this week's hip hop routine was not even up to the previous week's bar.

This is my favorite talent reality show.

All the ladies did dismal solos this week. I think they kept Lauren because the judges really like her, she has personality and they want to give her a 2nd chance. They kept Anya because she didn't really do badly in this week's partner dance and they want to see how she springs back. Sara has not had a bad performance and her solo was the best of the ladies IMO. Jessi has done really well in her partner dances, but she was told last week that her solo was not strong enough and she would have to do better if she ended up having to solo again. Well, she had to solo and she did not up the bar.

Actually, I was quite proud of Cedric from a human perspective. The kid has not had an easy life and he's handled the criticism with much grace. I think he got the public votes just as a sign of respect for who he is. Of all the dancers, he has the least amount of training. I hope Debbie Allen keeps her word and helps him get a scholarship to attend her dance academy.

I was sorry to see Jesus go , just as I miss Jimmi who got booted last week. They are two guys who were giving it their all succesfully and always smiling. I thought Neil should have been sent home from an overal perspective. He and Lauren have really had only 1 of 3 good performances, but he did a great solo. Danny and Anya had 2 great weeks and then week 3 was just not up to standard, but again, great solo. So, even though Jesus was great during all 3 partner dances, he didn't push enough during his solo to stay.

I saved season 2 on DVD and am in the process of saving season 3 each week. This year's top 20 is generally stronger than last years, but I don't think there's one couple that stands out 100% strongly at this point as compared to Benji & Donyelle.

heyang

Record Breaker
That's very interesting! No wonder that wasn't mentioned - it just doesn't sound very kosher to have a choreographer with a preexisting relationship with one (or two) of the contestants.

The dance world is not that big. Last year, Heidi knew Jean-Marc Genereaux before the competition and worked with him when he choreo'd a ballroom routine for her and Ryan.

My co-worker's daughter tried out for the show in NYC. She got through to Las Vegas. She got 4 no's there, including one from Mia. She actually had attended many of Mia's workshops and was disappointed that she didn't get Mia's yes, at least. BTW, his daughter loves dance, but pursued a business degree and has a job in NYC non-dance related. She had partnered with Travis in some workshops they both attended and knew Natalie from workshops, as well - she's not best buds with either, but they recognize each other. Mia was in in NYC this week and co-worker's daughter attended. She was very excited because Mia said that she remembered her from Vegas.

BTW, someone on another board recognized dance assistant Melanie - she was on What Not To Wear a couple of years ago. When I read it, I realized why she seemed familiar.

There is a reason why the guest choreographers are not judges during the same week. Shane, Dan and Mia have acted both as judges and choreographers. Last year, Mary did, as well.

Pixie Cut

On the Ice
Melanie Lapatin is Tony Meredith's former dance partner of many years. They were U.S. Latin Champions. It was a bit stunning to see what she looks like now. Although they retired from competition in the late 90s, I think they were still dancing exhibitions as recently as six years ago. Full figured or not, she obviously knew how to cha cha. I read on another board that Pasha and Anya teach at Meredith and Lapatin's dance studio in New York.