Bush spares Libby from prison term | Golden Skate

Bush spares Libby from prison term

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19570081/

I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS! I didn't care about Paris, but this ????!!!!
Huh???!! 30 months for violating federal law is too much?! IN WHAT WORLD?!
:banging::banging::banging:

Added after cooling down a bit: was this done on advice of his good buddy Putin in Maine? (just kidding, of course).

Last edited:

julietvalcouer

Final Flight
Actually the prison time is somewhat excessive for the 'offense', especially as everyone in Washington knows that Libby was pretty much thrown under the bus on this (he wasn't exactly the original source of the leak at issue, but with all the baying for someone from the administration's blood, someone had to take the hit). He still has a criminal record and has to pay a fine, he just doesn't have to go sit at Club Fed.

We're not exactly talking about selling missile secrets to China here.

GoldMedalist

Match Penalty
Yeah, I knew Libby was going to get pardoned. I don't even have the energy to pay attention to that horrible person (Bush) anymore. Hopefully the next administration will be better than, well, the worst our country has ever had...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19570081/

I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS! I didn't care about Paris, but this ????!!!!
Huh???!! 30 months for violating federal law is too much?! IN WHAT WORLD?!
:banging::banging::banging:

Added after cooling down a bit: was this done on advice of his good buddy Putin in Maine? (just kidding, of course).
Poor Bush. He's under a lot of pressure. Where can he turn. He owes and owes and owes all those crooks he took on to help him get elected, and punish those who won't stay his course of killings.

I didn't really know if a President could commute a sentence at will. It does save him the problem of giving an outright pardon. He knew that hell and high water would come down on him if he did. This was the best he could do for that crook.
Cheney is a clever *******.

Now tell me, they didn't rig that election in Florida. bleh.

Joe

I just heard on public radio that Bush can still pardon him before he leaves office. So all Libby has to do is not pay anything and the whole guilty verdict and sentence will disappear. Only in America and only with Bush.

Apparently ruining a Woman's career and then lying about it is ok with Bush.

Joe

Jimmy Hoffa

On the Ice
Meanwhile Genarlow Wilson rots away in jail for getting a blow job....

Gotta love America. :frown2:

waxel

Final Flight
Bush will ultimately pardon Scooter. Another despicable act by this murderous fascist president.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
He cannot vote. A convicted felon does not regain the right to vote, even after his debt to society is paid. Only a pardon could restore his franchise.
Actually, it depends on particular state laws. Up until recently, Massachusetts even allowed you to vote while you were in prison. Here is a link with a table - http://www.hrw.org/reports98/vote/usvot98o.htm. As you can see there only 10 states disenfranchise convicts forever after the first offense; 29 allow voting on probation.