Vlassov & Meekins interview | Golden Skate

Vlassov & Meekins interview

bostonskater

Rinkside
Drew: ...at one of our Junior Grand Prix events in Zagreb, Croatia... During the first five seconds of our short program, we had a move where I pulled Julia through my legs by her hands. We had never had a problem with this before, and frankly it wasn't really something we paid a lot of attention to. But this time, however, our hands never caught each other, and the only thing that Julia could find to grab onto was the fabric of my pants! She slid through my legs and crashed to the ice while she pulled my pants down! Luckily, her butt hit the ice before my pants came down too low!

Funny! :laugh:

Angelluv

Rinkside
I was impressed by their training schedule. Their various off-ice training is admirable. I love:love: this pair and wish them the best! :)

That quip about pulling the pants down made the move a Level 4 :clap:

I had never seen this couple till last year's Nats, but had read a lot about them. She is Russian and he is from the midWest, I believe, and they train in Boston with her father, a former figure skater. They had won World Jr. Pairs and were expected to podium at US Nats in Seniors. Didn't happen. Maybe it was one of those days.

Joe

bostonskater

Rinkside
That quip about pulling the pants down made the move a Level 4 :clap:

I had never seen this couple till last year's Nats, but had read a lot about them. She is Russian and he is from the midWest, I believe, and they train in Boston with her father, a former figure skater. They had won World Jr. Pairs and were expected to podium at US Nats in Seniors. Didn't happen. Maybe it was one of those days.

Joe

They skated brilliantly at Nationals - check out the free skate: http://youtube.com/watch?v=QfeqCstzfVU
How this could have scored lower than the Inoue/Baldwin and Nam/Leftheris splatfests is beyond me. :sheesh:

Drew was born in Alaska but moved to Massachusetts when he was little. And Julia was born in Russia but her parents moved to the US when she was little. They both live in Massachusetts.

Last edited: