Sicko - Great Movie! | Golden Skate

Sicko - Great Movie!

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
We went to see the movie "Sicko" the other day. My husband and I both thought it was well done and worth seeing. The movie had funny moments as well as touching moments. As Canadians we often take our health coverage system for granted, but really it is still a wonderful thing to have. Instituted by the great late Tommy Douglas - who was recently voted as the Greatest Canadian (pointed out in the movie) our health plan is one of the best. France and England have a few extras we don't have - like dental coverage for everyone - most of Canadians have dental plans through work - but on the whole it made us appreciate what we do have.

anyway, I recommend this movie. It's worth seeing. I will give it Two Thumbs Up!! :agree::agree:

PS - Tommy Douglas is also Kiefer Sutherlands (star of the show 24) grandfather.

Buzzz

Final Flight
I saw it and loved it too. Thought it was very funny and Micheal Moore was being his old annoying self. :chorus::chorus:

I just saw it today. I thought it was less biting than his Bush/warmonger film but interesting anyway.

I liked that scene with that senator holding a meeting, and worrying about HIS MOTHER, and no one else's. Then Bush goes off and signs the bill to change the Medicare portion for Prescriptions. That senator, then quit the senate and got a job with the pharmaceuticals at $2,000,000 a year for shedding all those tears for HIS MOTHER. BTW, we pay more for prescriptions now then before. Bush knows how to screw the middle class.

The other section, on Cuba, was fascinating. How resiliant those Cubans are!! and how healthy they are with socialized medicine as is Canada, Great Britain, and France '

We're 37th on the worldwide list of healthy people. Some are better off but it has to do with money.

Joe

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
We got a kick out of the credits when the site to marry a Canadian for their health plan rolled by.

:laugh::laugh:

mike79

On the Ice
No matter how much I may agree with some of Michael Moore's views I can't stand how he presents his films. He will take any info and twist it to support what his goal is. To me he comes off as an egomaniac. A perfect example would be his sending cash to the guy running the anti-Moore website. If it's supposed to be anonymous why is he telling the whole world about it in his movie? He would rather go for the emotional impact rather than stick to the facts. Yes, most people know that the American medical system needs an overhaul, however, the way he presents other health care systems as pillars of excellence is ridiculous. The Canadian health care system, while universal, is mired in problems.