update on some of our skaters | Golden Skate

update on some of our skaters

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I had the pleasure to watch Bebe and Danille Khale training today. I thought that you guys would like to hear the news.

Bebe looks GREAT. I saw her landing a few easy triples and a lot of double axels. She looks fit and was working on her short program. I love her spiral sequnce, it looks like it would be given a high level and her extensioins and back positions are really much better. very impressed there. Her spins always look good so really no news there.

Danille on the other hand is still very far from being at competitive level IMHO. the hardest jump I sawher attempt was a double axel and she only skated one sesioin to the other elite skater's two or three. she had some problems on her doubles and run through her rach 2 program which looks pretty godd, but she didn't do any of the jumps... nice spin.... but she seemed frusrated and not really at senior level.

there was a young man there....he must be sombody... landed some REALLY good triple axel-triple toe combos short hair, he looks rather short too... he had a flamenco program that was really interesting.

Nick LaRoche looked pretty good, he did some double axels and doubles... he was also coaching during the open sessions.

Arianne

On the Ice
Wow, that's good to hear about BeBe, I just love her! Do you think Danielle was not working on triples when you saw her? Was she just working on choreography or was she acting frustrated about her jumps?

Thanks for the update!

flying camel

Medalist
Thanks for the report.
It's still the training season, maybe Danielle is just getting back into the swing of things.
Good news for Bebe. How did her choreography look?

Lanie

On the Ice
I saw Danielle a few weeks ago. AFAIK there's been some family stuff going on from what I heard, so maybe she's not been training as hard.

where do you skate, tinymavy? I live in the OC when I'm in school and skate at KHS and Aliso Viejo.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Thanks for the report. Maybe this will be Bebe's year, I sure hope so. She has so much talent and seems like a very sweet person. I would be so pleased for her if she makes the world team.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Thanks! Great news about BeBe. Hope Danielle "gets over" her frustration factor and can land some of the "big ones." - point getters.
:agree:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Wow, that's good to hear about BeBe, I just love her! Do you think Danielle was not working on triples when you saw her? Was she just working on choreography or was she acting frustrated about her jumps?

Thanks for the update!

well she wasn't really doing the chreography... just attempting the jumps... all doubles and she messed up on a few of them. I hope that she can pull it together at competition... Does she have any GP assignments?

Thanks for the report.
It's still the training season, maybe Danielle is just getting back into the swing of things.
Good news for Bebe. How did her choreography look?

Bebe's chreography looks good. I think i only saw her working on the SP, the sorccer's apperetice... but it has she speed, flair and from what i saw I like it.

Good luck to Danielle and I'm happy with news of Bebe.

Trying to figure out who the young man was doing 3Ax3T. Is Parker in California?

Joe

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Trying to figure out who the young man was doing 3Ax3T. Is Parker in California?

Joe

Found out who our mystery man is. Shaun Rodgers. He landed some HUGE quads today a few in combonation. If he can do what he has been doing in practice in competiton, he is a BIG threat to the podium at nationals. Nick is looking great too... he tried a few quad and fell out of them, but everything else looks great. He did run throughs of both hos programs, his LP twice or maybe more.

Bebe landed a beautiful 3 flip 3 loop combonation.... I wonder if she plans to put in a triple triple in her porgrams?

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Found out who our mystery man is. Shaun Rodgers. He landed some HUGE quads today a few in combonation. If he can do what he has been doing in practice in competiton, he is a BIG threat to the podium at nationals.
Shaun Rogers just competed at Liberty this past weekend (4th in SP with a great 3axel and a flip out on the landing of a quad toe, and 9th in FS). I believe he's in southern California this week to work on choreography (Braden Overett did his FS), among other things. Rogers placed 8th at 2007 Nationals (his highest senior finish to date was 6th in 2005) and has been assigned to Nebelhorn Trophy this fall. Jumping has always been his strong suit. Link to his USFS Reserve team bio: http://www.usfigureskating.org/AthleteBio.asp?id=38954

sk8addict

On the Ice
Thanks for the report. Hope Nick has a good year. I love to watch him skate when he is healthy.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Bebe was working a lot on spins today... her transitions are really good... for one for her programs... probably her SP, she has a coll change edge spread eagle into a deathdrop with her usuall really fast, cool changes of position in the spin.

and wow does she have a killer 3 loop!:bow::bow::clap: