We're Getting A Puppy!!!!! | Golden Skate

We're Getting A Puppy!!!!!

• Thread starter HamiltonBrowningFan
  • Start date
H

HamiltonBrowningFan

she comes home today... she's a golden lab/retreiver mix... around 6 weeks old... mommy dog had 10 puppies which the owners are giving away... mommy dog doesn't really like her puppies :( weened them early and wont have anything to do with them... so we get her :) probably going to name her lulu or just lu :)

4dogknight

Re: We're Getting A Puppy!!!!!

How wonderful for you!!!! There's nothing like a puppy. And a Retriever mix, boy did you luck out. Training should be a breeze because of the temperament and dedication to please.

But don't forget to be a responsible pet companion, not owner because they actually own us, we're just their loyal companions. Contact your vet and set up an appointment for spaying; you don't have to wait for Lulu's first heat. Then there's that all important Puppy Kindergarten. Your vet should be able to recommend reliable (reward) training classes.

How I envy you, a puppy, a lab mix puppy. Now that's heaven!

4dk

K

Kara Bear

congrats....it sounds like a beautiful dog

we're thinking about getting a cat over here. we were looking at a nice all black 2 year old cat last weekend. and if we get one, guess what i have picked for a name?????
SASHA
:D

D

dlksk8fan

Great news! Don't tell my husband he'll want one:lol:

K

KwanFan1212

Aww, how cool! Congrats Toni!! :D

H

HamiltonBrowningFan

Ok... here are my first photos... she's now asleep... she is a total doll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My little Lulu:
www.imagestation.com/albu...ode=invite

If I ever had the desire to get a cat... I'd want a black one with a white tummy chin and paws(I know, I don't ask for much :lol: ) and I'd name is Mistopholese (sp?) from the musical CATS :lol:

K

Kzarah

So you now have a Little Lulu too. I hope she brings you as much happiness as our Little Lulu has.
Daniel and Little Lulu

S

Show 42

What a cutie-pie. She looks a lot like my dog when she was a pup! Have fun!!

D

DORISPULASKI

What a cute little one! Hope you have a great time with her.
dpp

J

JOHIO2

Congrats, Toni! She's adorable. I agree with everyone who loves the idea of a retriever mix. I had one and he was so sweet and bright and willing to please.

I also agree that she should be spayed. When my Bub was in the vet's for neutering, the tech leaned over him and said "are you ready? Let's go." Bub politely took her hand in his mouth and led her to the door! She laughed about it later but I suspect she was speechless at the time.

Of course, we all want updates on your "little" Lulu. She won't stay little like Daniel's kitty!

L

La Brum

Have you had pups before?

Be sure to take pictures every week, they grow so fast!

We have five golden-retriever mix dogs. A latex glove is very
good for whisking the yellow dog-hair off your clothes. It kind
of rolls it up into a ball. Do this before using the tape roller
lint remover. Use the latex glove for the trucks and busses
and the tape roller for the finishing touches.
Those things that look like window cleaners with the hard
rubber blades are excellent for raking dog hair out of carpets
and upholstered furniture.
After the pup gets older those shedding blades that look
like a saw blade in a circle are excellent for removing loose
hair. Do this outside. I then gather up the wad of yellow
hair and place it in a mesh onion sack cliped to a tree branch
for the birdies to use to line their nests.

4dogknight

Great idea about the bird nest material. I'm so used to wearing All American breed clothes that I'd feel naked without them.

There are some owners that use the under coat as weaving materials. I've never seen any but I'm told that the Malamute under coat makes very soft woven products.

4dk

G

GoldenLady1

Congratulations on the new arrival!! :D I have two Golden Retrievers (hence my user name :) ), and I think they are just the best! Baby puppies are so much fun; I echo the comment about taking lots of pictures, because you can see changes in them every day for the first few weeks - its really something!

How is Lulu (Lu?) settling into her new home so far? Please give us lots of updates. :)

J

JOHIO2

La Brum et al,

Only thing I'd add - make sure you get the kind of gloves they use for dishwashing. It's those dimples and bumps that catch up the hair.

I always liked gathering up the shedding fur and watching the birds come and go to fur-line their nests! The only way to make lemonade outta all that fur! Ok, except for those people who spin and weave.

By the way, welcome to the board, Goldenlady.

G

GoldenLady1

Thanks for the welcome, Jo. :)

H

HamiltonBrowningFan

Lulu is so naughty :lol: and stubborn! must be the lab in her

yes we have had puppies before... and she is growing... and is VERY naughty :lol:

J

JOHIO2

Happy Valentine's Day, Toni (and Steve and Lulu),

Lu sounds normal to me. After all, naughty is high on the job description for puppy.!