Simon Cowell will not renew | Golden Skate

Simon Cowell will not renew

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Oh "Boohoo", Just kidding! :laugh: IfI am still watching American Idol for the next three years or there after, I won't miss Simon. He and Paula were getting pretty tiresome with their antics.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
he's the only reason to watch.

and, Lad, we get it. you can't stand AI. ;)

antmanb

Record Breaker
Yeah he'll step down from idol and start doing "Britain or America's got talent" or take the X factor format to the states....i fear we won't hear the last of him!

Ant

I have to admit, I am getting a bit bored of AI on a whole....but I never tire of Simon. If I'm still watching, I'll miss him.

antmanb

Record Breaker
I don't tend to follow much of American Idol when it's shown over here in the UK but X-Factor (now in it's 4th series having changed from the pop idol format) is just soooooo predictable. It's also very badly staged and the judges are acting...very badly in it. You always get some token elderly man or woman who gets put through to boot camp singing an old war song. You get the crying/too nervous teen (they've lowered the age minimum to 14 on this year's X factor) who can bearly get through the song for nerves, who gets through to bootcamp and then at least two people....queue the oh so sad music who have sob stories of deaths in the family, missing hosptial appointments for brain/heart/cancer surgery or treatment to be at the audition or all of the above....even the sob stories that would normally pull at my heartstrings are just too damn cliche now!

Ant

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I like Simon, who better than he tells the truth??

Dee

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I have to agree in part. I love AI and Simon, but the format is getting a bit old.....too many other reality shows to pick from now...........42

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
yeah there are too many similar shows, but AI is the original (in the states at least)... and none of the others have Simon ;)

I much prefer the talent on AI to that of America's Got Talent (though TERRY and Cas were awesome!) and some of the other wanna be talent shows...

heyang

Record Breaker
Based on what I've read, he plans to do more behind the scenes production work. AI is getting stale IMO. I find the excessive audition scenes to be totally tedious now.