Want Canadian Coverage | Golden Skate

Want Canadian Coverage

Red1970

Spectator
Can you get Canadian skating coverage? I'm looking for tapes of all the televised competitions during the upcoming 2007-2008 season. Will trade for tapes of U.S. coverage, or will send extra blank tapes plus postage. I think Canadian TV does a better job than US TV does, so I like to see both. Thanks! New information:
U.S. coverage of most skating events (Grand Prix, 4 Continents,
Worlds) will be on ESPN or ESPN2. Not available in Canada, so a trade would be good for everyone.

Last edited:

kdancekid

Rinkside
Hi,
I didn't get any canadian coverage for the current season but have lots of it from the 90s and perhaps early 2000s, let me know if you are interested in any of these.
Kelley

jayta

Rinkside
Actually Canada Broadcasting Networks and even cable stations have not inked any deals with the ISU for rights to broadcast figure skating in Canada right now. So at the moment, I and many Canadians are out of luck when it comes to any skating footage other than what we're going to get from the US. Sad, I know. It's really disheartening to think we may not even get Worlds his year.

Teresa Dawn

On the Ice
Pretty much all we know we'll be seeing is Canadian Nationals and we saw skate Canada... The ISU wants to lump international events with speed skating and canadian tv doesn't want the speed skating so they haven't signed anything....

And, I do get ESPN in Canada.... along with NBC CBS and ABC and a bunch of other american channels... they come with the basic cable here...

Do you need it on tape? You can get the videos from fsvids with Canadian coverage wherever it is available...

jfdw

Rinkside
Hi
I have checked the Bell Express Vu site and there is a channel there #134 that is Canal Evasion and I believe it is a French Station.

I checked thier homepage and schedule and Skate America and Cup of China is listed on the dates posted on the Patinage Honoraire site.

I am going to call Bell to-morrow and see if I can add that station and how much it will cost a month.

I do not quite understand how one channel can broadcast the competition when CBC cannot get the rights but hey whatever works is good for me.

I will post what I find out.

Jfdw

Last edited:

jfdw

Rinkside
Hi
I have called Bell Express Vu to-day. I had to sign up for a French Package and the cost is $5.00 more per month.

I am looking forward to the coverage and I hope that I have picked the correct channel
jfdw