I bit the bullet... | Golden Skate

I bit the bullet...

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
and I'm on my way to becoming an 'official' professional photographer

first step - smugmug (ie professional printing)
http://alaskanmagic.smugmug.com/

second - whether or not I should go ahead with a business license... but that's a lot of math for me to figure out right now so I will be consulting with some people I know who have extensive knowledge in that area... I make also switch my major over to business just so I feel that I know what I am doing (Fat chance of that even with a degree)

so there, Mathman, you get yet another wish :rofl:

There ya go!

Like the Winter Warlock, just put one foot..in front...o-o-f-f the other...and soon you'll be walking out the door!

dwiggin3

Final Flight
and I'm on my way to becoming an 'official' professional photographer

first step - smugmug (ie professional printing)
http://alaskanmagic.smugmug.com/

second - whether or not I should go ahead with a business license... but that's a lot of math for me to figure out right now so I will be consulting with some people I know who have extensive knowledge in that area... I make also switch my major over to business just so I feel that I know what I am doing (Fat chance of that even with a degree)

so there, Mathman, you get yet another wish :rofl:

Great news Toni - I'm sure you'll do fantastic. What about a minor in business? or you could major in Business and minor in photography? How did the interview go with the local fox network? Oh, send some cool weather to DC...it's like 90 today. Grrrrrr

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Good luck Toni!!

I have a friend who is a professional photograper and he said he is always learning new techniques. When he began, his work was black & white. Ansel Adams style, now he deals with oils and other stuff. He has been professional for about 30 years. He is currently learning computer programs for his portraits and other stuff. One lady wanted to give her husband a portrait of herself and was currently dieting but hadn't lost the 25 pounds she wanted to lose for the portrait. He was able to do that with a computer program and the portrait came out beautiful. If she wasn't currently dieting he wouldn't have done it. He is very much into being who you are......unique!! He is also a royal pain, as one of his subjects I can attest to that....sitting for 1 1/2 hours so the light is just right???? Please. He is sooooooooo very precise!!

I also feel very fortunate to have 2 of his works, FREE!!!

Dee

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Great news Toni - I'm sure you'll do fantastic. What about a minor in business? or you could major in Business and minor in photography?
Right now I can barely afford the courses I'm taking for my major now (which is Journalism & Public Communications focusing on TV/Film direction). That and I'm not the best student and I would feel completely swamped.

How did the interview go with the local fox network? Oh, send some cool weather to DC...it's like 90 today. Grrrrrr
They never got back to me, even though I left messages and emailed. So I am assuming they didn't want me (but I am quite annoyed as they said they would get back to me one way or the other)... which is one of the reasons I decided to bite the bullet, I'm tired of dealing with job hunts (though really I will probably still need a regular job, at least at first.)

and you can take our icky weather... we have major termination dust (ok really it's snow capped mountains as of last night... it's way far down already :no: )

I have no doubt that you'll succeed in what you want to do, even if there is some trial and error and it takes some time. Good luck!