Born To Be Wild | Golden Skate

Born To Be Wild

J

Joesitz

Born To Be Wild

Catch the ABT male dancers on PBS, February 3 at 10pm. There'll be enough macho dancing from company's hottest guys. You ladies will love Jose Manuel Carreno.

Joe

R

rgirl181

Re: Born To Be Wild

Thanks for the heads up, Joe!
Rgirl

H

hrmsk8ngnutt

I watched it last night - absolutely loved it!!! :D

On another note, the San Francisco Ballet's Rep season begins this week. I will be attending Program 2 with Robbins' 'Dances At A Gathering' and MacMillan's 'Elite Syncopations'. Later this season: Don Quixote.

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

J

Joesitz

Good for you, Herm. San Francisco Ballet is well known internationally.

In Born to be wild, did you notice what is meant by technique? It's clean cut steps or tricks - no wobbling; no lame take offs; no bad landings, etc. Just perfect technique.
And doesn't that make the dance special?

The show also featured Alicia Alonso, whom I remember when I was a kid. She was one the world's top ballerinas but went off to Castro. She used to come to the US once in a while, and the Cuban Americans used to picket the Met Opera House.

Joe

Y

yelyoh

Joe I saw the program. It was great and made me want to get back to dance class.

J

Joesitz

Yelyoh - If you never become a great ballerino or ballerina, your body will always be in tip top shape if you continue the classes. Nothing like it.

Joe