Victor and Shae-Lynn return? | Golden Skate

Victor and Shae-Lynn return?

Michelle'sFan

Rinkside
I thought I saw an article on the news part of this site (http://www.goldenskate.com) that indicated they might be returning to ice dance before the next Olympics but now I can't find it.

Was it just wishful thinking on my part or did one of them make a comment to that affect in an interview?

Can anyone help me?

VGL

Rinkside
There was an article in the Globe and Mail I believe where Shae and Victor said that they might skate together again but I got the impression that it would be as professionals.

russell30

Final Flight
There was an article in the Globe and Mail I believe where Shae and Victor said that they might skate together again but I got the impression that it would be as professionals.

I also read that article and I perceived that they might consider a return to eligible skating considering that the olympics were in Vancouver but nothing was concrete just a statement. I think under the COP it is more easier to make a comeback than the old 6.0 system as you seemed to have lost your position in the sport. But back on Shae and Viktor it would be nice to see them skate together whether in shows or amateur - hope it works out for them.

Michelle'sFan

Rinkside
Thanks guys! I was able to find it after you said it was in Globe and Mail!

I appreciate your help--I didn't think I imagined it. :)

And the interview does say 'not to compete' but isn't that why Victor retired in the first place? A quote from Shae-Lynn, "And I’m kind of hoping we’ll do something leading into the Olympics."

Anyway, best wishes to them, whatever happens!