PCS Buffer | Golden Skate

PCS Buffer

TtonyV7

On the Ice
I have new hopes for the new season, but already I fear that some competitions will be battle of the PCS, especially in the ladies field. I just don't see how skaters such as Mao can receive incredible PCS marks.....way over their other competitors, making it nearly impossible to beat her. PCS = Reputation for the most part. There are times when I do see it working, but seeing huge point differences as a buffer is annoying. I just don't wanna see another 10+ point difference between Mao and a well-deserved PCS skater like Poykio.

This is not bashing Mao by any means. I think she is a great skater, but the judges are going nuts with giving her 8.18 for "interpretation" while other equally artistic skaters gets a simple 6.35.

Skaters like Poykio, Rochette, and Czisny (sometimes they do give her credit), are not getting the credit.

Oh well....

To me, the biggest problem is that the judges give pretty much identical scores over all five Prgogram Components. Mao Asada probably does deserve 8.18 in "Skating Skills." Does that mean she automatically gets the same in Interpretation or Performance/Execution?

Wrlmy

Medalist
To me, the biggest problem is that the judges give pretty much identical scores over all five Prgogram Components. Mao Asada probably does deserve 8.18 in "Skating Skills." Does that mean she automatically gets the same in Interpretation or Performance/Execution?

Did you know that one judge gave Miki Ando 9 for interpretation at Tokyo worlds sp? :laugh:

Did you know that one judge gave Miki Ando 9 for interpretation at Tokyo worlds sp? :laugh:
:laugh: I just checked out the protocols. My first theory was that the Japanese judge wanted to make sure that Miki stayed up there with Yu-na Kim, since both Asada and Nakano bombed the short program.

But that wasn't it, because there was no Japanese judge on the panel. :cool:

I think it was a flat out mistake. That is, a keying error on the part of the judge, or maybe even a mistake in the printed protocol.

Of the other judges, one gave her a 6.50 and one a 6.75. Her highest score (besides the errant 9.00) was an 8.00 from one judge only.

If the judges are listed in the same order in the LP and the SP, that judges gave Miki only a 6.75 in the LP.

That's another prtoblem with the CoP. Sometimes the judges just hit the wrong button. Like the time someone got a 0.6 instead of a 6.0. (Too bad for the skater.)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I would think they could fix that before the scores are posted, though.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Mao's PCS were actually must worse then she got last year at Worlds, and worse then Meissner got at Skate America. I wouldnt say the judges went gaga over her in PCS. The best skaters are generally stronger skater who skate with more confidence, better basics, and more command then those who are non-elite so it is no surprise the elite get higher PCS then the others it seems.