NBC Expands Coverage of 2008 U.S. Championships | Golden Skate

NBC Expands Coverage of 2008 U.S. Championships

2 hours to cover 4 disciplines each in Novice, Juniors and Seniors!!! C'MON.

I want to know what sport they will be showing from 2 to 4pm and will they interrupt it?

Joe

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I think you misunderstood, Joe... ice network's coverage is also included in the article... the only change is that the exhibition is going to be 2 hours on tv and not the original 1...

I'm sure novice and juniors will be only on the ice network... unless they have a break out performance that NBC deems worthy.

I think you misunderstood, Joe... ice network's coverage is also included in the article... the only change is that the exhibition is going to be 2 hours on tv and not the original 1...

I'm sure novice and juniors will be only on the ice network... unless they have a break out performance that NBC deems worthy.
Thanks Toni - I did misunderstand that. Well, I'm happy that novice and juniors will be on icenetwork. If posters like figure skating, this will give them a chance to see the new kds waiting in the wings. There wont be much more than 2 or 3 to stand out but it is worth the watch to see them.

Joe

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
not a problem... the press release was worded funky (they'd get a bad grade from my fav. journalism Prof! LOL)

R.D.

Record Breaker
It's very confusing, but after further examination, looks like they mean that will be what the actual event will consist of, not what will be shown on TV.

Upon seeing this first at FSU I was hoping that it meant that they were going to include some short program coverage...alas, doesn't look like it'll be so. But any expansion of coverage I see is a good thing in the end.

now, just add in a timeslot to show the top short programs and we'll be back to what we had with ESPN and ABC.

R.D.

Record Breaker

ABC did find the time to show the juniors Zhang and Nagasu, I believe. I'm not sure how NBC will handle it, but I definitely expect the top finishers in each discipline to get shown. I don't think any juniors or novices will make it to TV; that's now reserved for Ice Network which didn't exist when ABC did their coverage.